Chapter 16 Welcome to M.O.N.A.R.C.H.

"From the gentleman behind you miss." the bartender handed me a shot. I rolled my eyes in reply and downed my drink in one gulp. It was annoying honestly. I've only been here in Key West for three days now and it was literally the twelfth time some one hit o me-well, tried to...I'm no longer in the market anymore and I bet you could guess who I am with now. Unfortunately, he was back in London sorting out family business. Who knew that he never came home after he decommissioned. I wasn't alone anyways. It was the end of the Vietnam war so people were out partying celebrating peace and soldiers. The bar was crowded and it had been about ten minutes since I ordered drinks for my table across the room comprising of Slivko, Mills, Mason and a few others who decided to have a victory party for being alive.

Before I knew it another drink this time a martini was placed in front of me. "The gentleman insists for you to talk to him." The bartender motioned behind me but I didn't dare look back.

I huffed out in annoyance and said loud enough for the 'gentleman' to hear "Well tell him to fuck off! I have a boyfriend!"

"I'm glad you still remember me love." My eyes widened recognising the British accent and sprung out of my chair into the arms of my captain, James Conrad.

"You're here!" I exclaimed kissing him. It was the first time we've ever kissed since my near death experience a week ago and he was shocked since he didn't kiss back yet. Slowly his lips started moving and his hands went to my waist pulling me closer to him. I broke the kiss gasping for air but James wasn't having any problems breathing since he started to kiss my neck. "Oh! WE need to tell the others you're here." I interrupted him, got my drank and pulled me to our table.

Everybody's faces went from surprised to happy greeting James and hugging him a "hello". 

"You owe me ten bucks." Mason smirked at Slivko.

"Dammit Conrad, you could've waited two more days to surprise Eden." Slivko handed Mason the money glaring at James. I threw him my crumpled tissue. How dare they made a bet behind my back!....I would've betted for two days.

It was only Mills' face not looking happy but confused looking at me. I brushed it off but after a minute or two he said "Umm...Eden where are our drinks?"

Opps?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"MASON? CONRAD!" I scream desperately trying to kick my captors in vain but the rope trying my hands and the blindfold didn't help me at all.

"We're here!" Mason responded with a "Touch us and you die." threat coming from James. We were all then pushed down to the chairs.

"You're safe here, we'll not hurt you." a male voice echoed the room. That voice was strangely familiar yet I couldn't place my finger on who it was. Suddenly, the blindfolds were thrown away and in front of us/the owner of that voice Houston?

"What the hell?" I mutter to myself completely confused to what's going on right now, and so was James and Mason.

"We promise to not tell the Russians." James said with Mason following after him. Now it all sank in, the government wanted our mouths shut. This made my blood boil. For them to kidnap us making us fear for our lives yet again and then commanding us to keep our mouths shut which we intended to do anyways.

"Well I promise to tell the Russians." crossing my arms, I was intimidating from the looks of Houston's face but inside I was nervous. This was the government we are talking about.

A door opened to reveal San who walked beside Houston. "We actually invited you guys here to talk about something else."

"More like scared us half to death." I sneered. San simple smiled and said "M.O.N.A.R.C.H. is truly sorry for that."

"M.O.N.A.R.C.H.? What's that?" James questioned.

Mason on the other hand leaned towards me giggling a little"You can stop the act now. We could all see you legs shake underneath the table." My cheeks redden and I sit up strait listening to the conversation uncrossing my arms in the process.

A series of photographs was on the table now. "That island was only the beginning." Houston explained. "There's more out there." San gave us another series of photographs.

"What do you mean more?" Mason asked.

"The world never belonged to us, it belonged to them. The question is how long before they take it back?" Houston pointed towards the photographs San just slide towards us.

James, Mason and I looked at each other hesitantly before flipping the photographs making us go in awe. It was monsters much like Kong but some bigger and some smaller. 

"Kong is not the only king."