Chapter 30 ~ It Was Your Smile

Kyle P.o.v~

"Hey, babe. Wake up", says Jessica as she kissed me.

"Hey, what are you doing?", I say as I nudged her if me.

"Well I thought I could be all girlfriendly one last time", she says as she smiles at me.

"One last time?", I ask.

"You know the truth now, you're gonna go to him aren't you?", she asks.

"Yeah I am but you knew all along didn't you?", I say.

"Yeah. I confirmed with my dad. What are you going to do?", she asks.

"I can't hate him. I can hate his parents but I can't hate him.", I sigh.

"So now that you've found the answer, will you stop searching and move on with your life now?", asks Jessica.

"I've always been so hooked on revenge but now, none of that matters anymore.", I say as she smiled.

"The power of love", she says.

"Yeah, you really did help me out these past few years. Thank you", I say to her.

"Not me you idiot, Alex", she says.

"Yes, the power of love and fate right?", I teased.

"I set you free", she says as she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you Jess", I say as I kiss her forehead.

I then head to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Thank you for everything Jessica. Our work is now complete. She's a tough cookie but she's been a massive help these couple of years.

Alex Sparks, you're the child of the people that caused the accident that killed my parents. There was no foul play or drunk driving involved, just shitty luck. It was tough after that, I bounced back from foster home to foster home, my luck turned when I turned 18, I inherited the will of my mother and father, they left me their entire life savings, it was more than enough. I was now legally legible to know what exactly happened to my parents that day, after Jessica's father told me what happened I wanted justice, I couldn't forgive them, I spent years looking for them to bring justice to a cold case. I soon found out Mrs. Sparks passed away and her husband Mr. Sparks left, he was off the radar and couldn't be located. I also found out they had a son, I searched endlessly for him but I couldn't find him either. I was filled with so much rage and anger towards the Sparks family... That's how I spent the past few years... then by some weird twist of fate. I met you, Alex. There was something about you that reminded me of home. Being next to you gave me this warm invigorating feeling. As soon as I saw you I remembered you just by that small scar on your neck... as the boy who gave me chocolate that day at the hospital. I was so hungry... I then recently found out the truth about who you were, the Sparks boy, Jessica also found out and threatened to tell you about it all but I couldn't let that happen. Now I understand why you did it, Jess. You did it to prevent me from making a huge mistake, didn't you? I was enraged when I found out ... I'm ready to tell you everything now so please wait for me. I'm coming.

Thank you for pulling me out of the car that day, thank you for the chocolate, thank you for freeing my darkness.

I head outside to see Jessica fidgeting on the bed. She looked so sad but then smiled.

"I have to let you go now.. Don't I?", she asks.

"I'm sorry", I say as I held her hand.

"You're a great guy Kyle. You deserve the whole world and so much more", she says as a tear fell out her eyes.