Chapter 34 ~ 3 Years Later

I was so depressed that day. I was never able to fully recover mentally. It was like I lost everyone and now I'm all alone. This hospital got even more dark and gloomy with me in it. I spent an extra month there, because of the crappy mood I wasn't able to complete rehabilitation. I finally did and was released. My aunt came to check on me but not very often, other than that I was so lonely.

I visited his grave back in my hometown. They buried him right next to my mom.

Thank you mom, thank you, dad. You turned this boy into a man. Giving up this life so easily would be a slap in both your faces, you would be so disappointed in me when I meet you on the other side. I won't relinquish this life so easy! I will fight! I will be strong. I won't give up. It's not over until the bitter end.

That day was the day that changed my life. My father's lawyer wanted to see me, my father left me everything. He willed me everything in his possession. I was left with 3 million dollars he and mom left for me. They put everything in order and gave it to me when I need it the most. With this, I can start fresh and move on. Do what I always wanted to do. Travel the world. I won't be here for much longer so I'll live for me, I'll put myself first this time.

I spent the next three years traveling the world and seeing everything the world had to offer, this world is such a beautiful place. I was so happy. I was able to forget the things I couldn't. The accident, my mother, my father, my health... Kyle..... my journey then ended in Miami where I visited next. For a Lady Gaga concert. I was able to get backstage passes.

The concert was tomorrow so I stayed in a hotel room close to the venue. I was so excited. During these past two years, I noticed something critical. My illness didn't affect me when I'm happy ... just when I was sad .. or depressed. I promised myself to never go into that state again, maybe I'll be okay if I go on like this? A worry-free life, no stress, no trouble, living in solitude is best suited for me.

I lay in my hotel room eating junk food and watching movies all day. I blast music and dance like no one's watching. I truly was having so much fun. I was so sex-deprived. I promised to never have sex again even with a condom. I bought a dildo and pleasured myself at least twice a day. Who needs a man when you have a sex toy?

I spend the rest of my day lazing around.
It was about 6 PM and I decided to head to a local grocery store to pick some stuff up. I haven't cooked in a while so I decided to head there to pick some stuff up.

I head to the shower and shower up and put on my old worn out jeans that I loved so much and headed out. Maybe I should make pasta? I was always so good at making pasta.

I walk aisle to aisle picking up the necessary ingredients. I then grabbed my phone out of my back pocket to check the time as my Lady Gaga ticket fell to the floor. I picked it up remembering I pushed it into the pocket of these jeans. How careless of me. I should really be more careful with this ticket. I can't lose it.

All the ingredients were bought but I was missing chicken. I need chicken for Alfredo. I asked the lady in the aisle to point me in the direction of the meat section. It would seem the meat section wad upstairs. I left my trolley with her as I walk to the stairs. It was quite a long stairway to walk up.

I pull my phone put my back pocket again. It was almost 7:00 PM. I really should get back and get started on dinner.

I then felt someone tugging on my leg.

I turn around to see the cutest little baby boy behind me.

"Awhhh. Hi there", I say as he stared at me.

He looked like he was about 2 or 3 years old. He pointed to the ground and I saw my Lady Gaga ticket had fallen out of my back pocket. I picked it up as the kid smiled.

"Sorry about that", says a woman as she walks up to us.

"It's fine. I don't know what I'd do if I lost this ticket. It's sold out", I say thanking the woman and the child.
I then walk up the stairs and pushed the ticket into my back pocket again. They stood at the bottom of the stairs and I hurry on. That was the most adorable baby boy I've ever seen before. I then reach the top of the stairs when I heard it.

"Alexander! There you are. Have you been giving aunt Dianne a hard time", says a voice as I freeze to the top of the stairs.

"Daddy", says the child.

"Hi Alexander", he said as I turn around slowly.

I then miss-step causing me to fall down the stairs as people gasped. It was a long stairway and I tumbled down. I then hit the bottom hard as my face hit roll on the man's shoes.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay", says the man as the aunt took the child from his hands.

"Yeah I'm okay", I say groaning.

This reminds me of the first day at Harvard University. I fell down the stairs on the very first day, didn't I? How nostalgic.

The man then extended his hands towards me as I grab it.

"Let me help you up", he says as I look up.

"I thought that was you... Kyle", I say as he looks at me in pure shock.

"Al.. ale... Alex... Alexander", he says as his hands began to shake.

And just like that, the Hands of Fate began moving again.