Chapter 38 ~ Alone

~Kyle PoV~

Alex left, I could tell he was about to burst into tears which broke my heart. Alex, there's no way to escape this hopeless situation. While you can't go back and make a brand new start, you can start from now and make a brand new end. I'm sorry Alex but there's no other way. I have to be the bad cop this time.
Alexander then woke up crying as I went to console him.

The entire day went by and all I could think about was him. He must be so hurt and alone right now. You must think I don't care about you Alex but i love you enough to set you free. This is something we both don't need right now. I was then shot back to reality as Jessica came through the door. She had a tired distressed look on her face.

"Babe. You're home", I say as I greet and kiss her.

"Yeah. I gotta shower and head back home. Dad isn't doing too well. I'm gonna stay a bit there. My family needs me right now. Where's Alexander?", she asks.

"He's asleep", I say.

"Where's Alex?", she says as she stops.

"He left", I say to her.

"What why?", she asks surprised.

"No idea", I say to her.

"You're a terrible liar Kyle", she says as she folds her arms.

"Having him here would complicate things, I just told him how I felt", I say to her but she looked so mad.

"Dammit Kyle", she sighs.

"I don't get why your so buddy with him. I thought you hated him?", I say to her.

"I have you, you help me get through my tough times, you also have me and we can rely on each other. Alex has no one.. the one person he had was his father but his father died, he and his aunt don't communicate anymore. He has no one, Kyle! He has no one to rely on, just by that look in his eyes you could tell that, he's a strong guy but there's only so much one can take. No one should have to feel that way. No one deserves to be lonely Kyle! I'm so disappointed in you. You of all people should know what that feels like!", she says as she starts crying.

"Don't cry babe", I say as I try to console her.

"Your eyes. It matches his, that lonely gaze. Fix this Kyle!", she yells.

"I will babe", I say to her.

"Good. I'm taking Alexander. He deserves to see his Grandfather one last time.", says Jessica as she wipes her tears.

"I'm coming with you. You'll need the comfort", I say to her.

"I'm not the one that really needs comforting. Go to him and fix this", she says to me.

She then retreated upstairs as I dive onto the couch. She was right. No one deserves to be alone, Alex is alone, he has no one by his side. Something then poked me on my back. I pull out the cushion to see a Lady Gaga ticket sticking out. This is Alex's ticket, did he forget it here? It's dated for tonight.
I should get this back to him, shouldn't I?

I then headed upstairs to find Jessica packing her bags.

"I'm gonna go", i say to her.

"Will you come back?", she says with a sad look on her face.

"Yes, babe. I promise", I say as I hold her hand.

"Make things right with him, he deserves that", says Jessica.

"I will. I'll go to him", I say to her which made her smile.

"Take the car. My sister and her husband are picking me and Alexander up", she says to me.

I then head into the car with the Lady Gaga tickets in hand.
How do I even fix this? Do I apologize to him?
How do I fix this? Alex, I should've been honest with you from the start. I'm so sorry Alex. I'm sorry I let you down. I'll fix this. I swear.
I'm grateful Jessica knocked so sense into me. I could have lost him forever.

According to Jessica, Alex was staying at the Garner Hotel. I drove for about 20 minutes as I finally arrive at the Garner Hotel. I get out of the car and raced to the reception area.
I managed to get Alex's room number as I head upstairs.

I'm so sorry Alex.
I then stand in front of Room 68.
"Room 68" what a strange coincidence, that was our room number back at college. What are the odds?

I knock on the door but he didn't come out. Was I too late? I continue knocking but he didn't come. I then hear the tv playing. Alex was definitely in there.

"I know your in there Alex. Please open up! I need to talk to you", I say but still no reply.

I stand there waiting but he refused to come to the door. You truly hate me with all your heart... don't you Alex?
I then heard glass shattering inside.
I then banged on the door.

"Alex! What's going on. You're scaring me!", I yell.

"What the hell is all the racket", says a man in a nearby room.

"Something's wrong! Go get help!", I yell as I try to knock the door down.

Something's wrong. Why do I have the same feeling I had back then, back when you fell in the shower, when you were on the ground and couldn't move. A million thoughts started flooding my head as I try to knock the door down.

"What is going on?", says another man in a suit.

"Who are you?", I ask frantically.

"I'm the manager. Now calm down", he says to me.

"Something's wrong. I think Alex is in trouble. Please help me", I say as tears rolled down.

"Okay sir, I have the master key. Ill open the door. Stand back", he says as he pulls out a keycard.

He then swiped the keypad on the door as it opened. My eyes then widened as I see Alex there laying on the floor. He wasn't moving and his eyes were open.

"Alex!", I screamed as I ran towards him.

He then blinked uncontrollably but his body didn't move. What the hell is going on.

The manager immediately called an ambulance as I shake in fear.
What is happening to him?

"What's happening to my baby?", I cry as Alex laid there unable to move.

Fate has played its final card for these two Star Crossed Lovers.

~to be continued~