Chapter 4 (Part 2)

Rosabella leaned on the windowsill, gazing out into the darkness. They had already notified the villagers of their plan, and planned to execute it as soon as the chants started. Everyone was waiting, straining to hear the fire start. 

"FIRE!!!" Winter cried, startling everyone. "Let's go! But keep quiet..." Niji commanded. Rosabella turned the doorknob, and a rush of cool air entered the room. Team Melody and Shina were already waiting outside for them. Wakka motioned his hand towards a path through the trees.

Melody led the way, and Shina walked alongside her. Not because they were close or anything, but Shina wanted to lead the way herself. Nobody spoke a single word, just grunts to get over the terrain. Winter was flying next to Rose, looking this way and that way. Rosabella looked up to the sky, wondering if they were even going the right way.

She could feel the warmth of her blanket on her body- Wait. Why was there a faint light coming down from the moon? It reached down into the forest, and the chants were getting louder. Suspicion was rising inside everyone; the sight was strange. "There's a clearing ahead!" Melody whispered to everyone, loud enough to hear. 

"Halt." Came a threatening voice. Everyone stopped on their tracks, and got into their battle stances. 8 figures emerged from the shadows, wearing black cloaks. "You shall not disturb our prayers!" One spoke up. Prayers? What were they praying for?

"The Black Wizard will punish us for failing our mission," another added. "Black Wizard"? Who was he talking about? Melody pondered this quietly. "I don't know who this Black Wizard is, but something similar to this happened some time ago. People used the moon to melt the ice that held a demon."

"I don't see any ice..." Winter pointed out.

"Maybe it's for a different reason." Jonathan suggested.

"Let's go investigate!" Hana said.

"You shall not pass!" A few cloaked people said in unison. 

"I don't think so!" Shina said, cracking her knuckles. "Requip!" She yelled, and brass knuckles appeared on her hands. They were dark red with large spikes pointing outwards. She jabbed at the closest one, who narrowly evaded some of her attacks. Another lunge, and Shina got him! 

She pinned him down, and shouted "Requip!" again. Dark gray knuckles appeared, with round edges pointing outward. "This'll just knock him out," she said, smirking. A few punches, and the cloaked man didn't get up. (HE IS NOT DEAD, JUST KNOCKED OUT)

His cloaked companions were too terrified to do anything, with Shina's menacing face. 7 left to go! Hana gripped the necklace around her neck, and it transformed into a great bow. She took out a purple and orange striped bow from her bag, and said, "This arrow has a special potion in it that will put my target to sleep." She inserted the arrow into the string, and pulled it back. 

Her target was rolling back his sleeve to cast a spell, but he was too slow. Hana let go, and the arrow hit his arm. The man fell to the ground with a thud, next to Shina's victim. Niji had a bunch of rainbow clothes, so Rosabella guessed that she had rainbow powers. Niji quickly flew over to someone else, and a rainbow beam emitted from her hand.

It changed shape, into a rainbow circle, and began to rotate. Niji was hypnotizing the man. He began to sway, like a plant in the wind. He collapsed, with a goofy smile on his face. 5 left. "Honestly you guys, you don't need to get so violent," Melody said while rubbing her temples. "Sleep." Jonathan, Melody, and Wakka said in unison. 3 of the cloaked people fell to the ground. 2 left.

Rose dashed for one of the cloaked men, raising her arm. "Jade Dragon Iron Fist!" The jade gauntlet appeared on her arm again, and it smashed into the man's head, knocking him to the ground. Winter jumped in and pushed the last one, but wasn't strong enough. Rosabella assisted by punching him as well.