Chapter 16

Willow's POV

I'm hoping dinner will never end. I don't want to know what sort of punishment Ryan will dish out for me. I remain silent during dinner and avoid eye contact with everyone, especially Ryan.

I can hear someone repeating my name, but I zone out. I want a black hole to swallow me up. I worked so hard on Ryan, making him think I'm falling for him and then it all goes. Disappears just like that.

"Fucking hell. WILLOW IMOGEN CLARK!"

This snaps me out of my thoughts, because no one knows my middle name.

I look up to see Daniel, staring at me. Yeah I know what you must be thinking. What happened? Why did he go all crazy and put you in a coma? Apparently he was annoyed at me because I was giving Ryan too much attitude and I wasn't 'being submissive enough'. Then he was going to get Glen but Steven called and he needed to go. So he kind of left me for dead but then again no one cares about me in this house.

"Fucking hell! Will you just listen to Ryan." Daniel yells. I gulp and look up at Ryan.

He smirks and gives me a look that I know means punishment. "So Willow. I've thought of a splendid punishment for you. I want you in my office in five minutes." With that he leaves the table. Every other gang member slowly leaves with their girl. Julian and Lizzie are the only ones to stay.

Lizzie moves over to the empty chair next to me and grabs my hand. "It's going to be alright. Don't beat yourself about whatever mistake you've made."

I squeeze her hand and nod. "Yeah. But what if he kills more girls."

Something flashes across Lizzie's face but I can't put a name on it. It looked like a mixture of shame, guilt and happiness? I don't know. Maybe you're just imagining things Willow. She wouldn't be happy about girls dying. Who would be happy about girls dying? You're just jumping to conclusions.

"It's not ok but it's not your fault." She leans in closer. "It's these idiot's fault. They are the ones to blame. They do it."

I wrap my arms around her. "Thanks for that. Seriously thank you so much."

"No problem. But maybe you should start heading over there. You don't want to make him even more angry."

"I suppose. If I get out alive, I'll tell you how it goes."

"Don't be stupid. You'll survive. You've got this."

"But someone else might not survive."

"Don't be stupid Willow. Just go Willow."

I nod and walk out into the hallway. I get to Ryan's office and wait outside his door. I take a few deep breathes and finally have the courage to knock on the door.

The door opens a few seconds later and I come face to face with Justin. He's one of my favourite people at the moment. Note the sarcasm.

I walk in and am relieved to only find Ryan, Abbott and Justin. There goes having my punishment in front of the whole gang.

Ryan is sitting on his desk chair, with his feet on the desk. He's holding his phone but looking straight at me. He watches my every move, almost daring me to mess up or say something.

Abbott is sitting on the couch, next to his desk. He appears to be texting someone but looks up as I walk closer.

Justin is still behind me somewhere. I hear footsteps behind and I guess they are his. I don't turn around, just keep watching Ryan. If he wants to kill me, I want to see it coming. I want to know how I die. I want to know when I am going to die. I don't want to wake up dead.