Chapter 35

Willow's POV

I can't concentrate on my father's words. All I can think about is the kiss. This kiss between Justin and I. That wonderful, amazing kiss. It leaves me speechless just thinking about it.

"Are you even listening to a word I'm saying?" My father asks, raising an eyebrow.

"S-sorry. What were you saying?" I sheepishly ask.

Dad rolls his eyes and sighs. "I said a lot of things. First you need to change your first name. Second you-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm changing my name. Why? What's wrong with my name?" I question.

"A lot. I hate your name, no offence. And with the whole Hardy situation it will make things easier. You'll also change your last name to my last name to hide. Although even if Hardy finds you here, he won't cross us. He won't get very far."

I nod and take this all in. I have to change my whole name all because of one person.

"So what's your last name?" I ask, cautiously.

"It's Bruno. You'll be Gabriella Bruno," he replies.

"What? I don't get to choose my name? That's not fair," I protest.

"Did you get to choose Willow?" He simply asks, causing me to sigh.

"True. And Gabriella is better Willow. I hated Willow. I was named after a tree! Seriously couldn't mum think of something a little better."

"Apparently your mother named you Willow because it means freedom. And when she found out she was pregnant with you, she ran away from me. Took me more then eighteen years to find her."

"But doesn't it mean tree? Because a willow tree. Where does freedom come into this?"

"No idea. I suppose it depends what baby name book you're looking at."

"Another good point. So what does Gabriella mean?"

"It's Italian meaning woman of God or devoted to God. My mother was called Gabriella, so you're named after you're grandmother. Lucky you," he says as he starts to laugh.

What's wrong with my grandmother? I'm sure she's a lovely women. He shouldn't diss his mother like this.

"The other thing I was saying is, you need to get married. It's pretty-"

"No," I yell causing him to stop. "I'm not getting married. That's final. Just no. I don't want to. I don't need to do anything and I definitely don't need to get married. I'm drawing the line at that, sorry. I'm not having a second arranged marriage! You can change my name, whatever but I'm not getting married."

"Exactly like you're mother," he mutters. "Gabriella you need to get married. Just hear me out. You need to get married to protection. After you have your wedding, get a divorce on the guy, do whatever, you just need to get a legal marriage on paper. After that, leave everything up to me. I'll deal with everything. You need to get married to put a lock on Ryan. With a marriage on paper, you'll never see Ryan. Ever again. I promise you that but I need you to do this for me. For yourself. For your protection. For Isaac's protection and your unborn baby's protection. I won't explain mafia business to you-"

"Wait. Hold it right there. Mafia business? What the hell Dad!? Are you in the mafia?"

"No sweetie, we're not in the mafia. I meant business deals. Just business deals," my dad quickly replies. Too quickly.

"Bullshit dad! I call absolute bullshit! I run away from Ryan to get Isaac away from gang business. I didn't want him to land up in the mafia instead. What the fuck dad!" I yell, completely hysterical. Tears are flowing out of my eyes and I don't bother blinking them away.

I get up and ran out of his office despite his calls for me to sit back down. I run into a wall and land on my back. I lean against the wall and cry my eyes out. I can't believe my Dad is in the mafia. No wonder Mum ran away from him.

"Willow? Oh my God! What happened? What did you Uncle Saladin do? It couldn't of been that bad, could it?" I hear Jaco ask.

I couldn't open my mouth to reply. Sobs were the only thing that could escape from my mouth.

Jaco bends down and pulls me into a massive bear hug. "What happened Willow? Was it your dad? Was it Anthony? Was it Justin? What happened Willow. Speak to me."

No words could come out of my mouth. I was completely speechless. Everybody in this house was in the mafia? Why the fuck is my family in the mafia? I didn't even know the mafia still existed.

Wait. Does that mean Justin is in the mafia as well? Oh my god! How could everybody lie to me? How could Mum not tell me?

"Willow please speak to me. Tell me what's wrong. What happened? Maybe I can help? Just please tell me."

Jaco pulls away from the hug and grabs my chin, making me look up at him.

"I-I, D-Dad, m-m, I-I c-can't," I sob. I was a blabbering mess. I couldn't even speak to Jaco.

"What about your Uncle Saladin? What did your dad do? What can't you do?" Jaco presses me.

"D-dad, I-I, c-can't s-s-stay, h-here," I mange to say through my tears.

"You can't stay here? Why not? What happened with Uncle Saladin? What did he do?"

"Fuck! I'm so sorry," I hear Justin voice says as footsteps approach. "Your father told me what happened and I'm so sorry you found out that way. I know-"

"Can someone please tell me what is going on," Jaco cuts Justin off. "Please?"

"Willow- or should I say Gabriella? Anyway she found out about what boss actually does. In the worst possible way as well. Yeah, let's just say things didn't go so well."

"Oh. Shit. Wait but why is she Gabriella? What happened to Willow?"

"With her whole Hardy situation it's best to change her name. And boss hated the name Willow. He didn't get a choice is her name when she was born."

"That's fair enough I suppose. Can you talk to her? I'm going to get her some stress relieving hot chocolate."

"I'll try I suppose."

"Thanks man. Have fun," Jaco says before I hear his fading footsteps.

•••

I actually updated this week!

This is a massive accomplishment and I'm super proud of myself 😂

I'm sorry it's so short but school is slowly killing. I have to have picked my courses for next year by Monday and I'm so freaked out about it.

My whole life is lying in the hands of my application for advanced sports, no kidding.

Advanced sports has been my dream since my sister had to pick her courses and getting in would be my dream come true as well as having my future set out for me. It is so much easier to get a job in fitness and sports if I complete this course.

Enough about my pointless rant. I'm just so nervous.

I hope you enjoyed. Vote, comment & share :)

- Bethany x

PS - updates every Friday/ Saturday, hopefully