Forgiveness, Actually? (edited)

Hermione's P.O.V.

I had been reading my book when the whistle blew again.I looked out of the window and saw that we are nearing Hogwarts.

I got up and went towards the prefect's carriage. I was about to remind them to change when I got cut short by Malfoy.

"McGonagall has asked you guys to tell the students to change in their school robes." He said.

I didn't say anything at first but when they left I asked him a little too harshly, "What was that?"

"Did you want to roam around different compartments shouting,'please change'?"

For the first time I agreed with him, so I pursed my lips.

The train came to a stop and everyone rushed out of the train cars to move towards the carriages. Even though McGonagall had forgotten to mention it, I half heartedly went towards the carriage exclusively for the heads with Malfoy on my toes.

An awkward silence enveloped us as we moved towards the school. Finally, he broke it with a simple word, "I'm sorry."

To say that I was shocked was an understatement.

"What did you say?"

He took a deep breath. "I am apologizing for making your life hell.

An awkward silence ensues.

"I- uh." I stammered and internally slapped myself for it. Why the hell am I nervous?

The thing is, my mind and heart are contradicting each other. One says to forgive and forget, the other says to be careful. I went with my heart, because his apology seemed sincere.

"Apology accepted." I said.

His eyes widened in shock before a small smile took over on his face.
"Thank you."

I nodded.

"But I knew you would forgive me." He said, making me raise my eyebrow.
"I'm that loveable."

And his cockiness was back.

"Sod off, Malfoy."

He grinned.

Spending the whole year with him? Oh joy.
------