EPILOGUE

Draco's p.o.v.

Finished. completely over. 

its been five years since that night. 

that night i lost the love of my life.

it wasnt easy. i am still not over some things that had happened. i remember every single detail of the war when i lost hermione forever.

sitting in the owlery,i streched my arms. a letter was due from father. i didnt knew what it would be but i waited anyway. 

our malfoy owl arrived with a letter bearing the malfoy crest. i frowned. why would father send an informal letter with the prestigious malfoy crest? i opened it. scanning the letter,i realized why the letter was NOT informal.

LEAVE GRANGER FOREVER

simple words on the parchment. these words made my heart break. i sighed. my relationship with him was rocky but that doesnt give me the authority to disobey him.

look. everyone would expect me to disobey him after what he did,but i cant. its like inviting your own death. 

well,this explains the formality of the letter. i left the owlery,hoping that i could make him realize the love that i had for her. what i didnt knew was that fate had something else in the bag for me.

rest of that day passed in a blur. but the night came. it always comes but this time it wasted no time in shattering my world.

the carrows wasted no time in attacking. thanks to mel,we were already aware of the attack that was bound to come.

i kissed hermione one last time and rebelled. anger surged through me,adrenaline pumped in my veins. 

curses ,screams,yells and sounds of people meeting death were everywhere. nothing mattered to me as long as hermione was safe. she fought amazingly,just like she is but there was no emotion on her face as she shot curses. the potters and the weasleys battled alongside us with ginny the closest to hermione. sometimes i felt that these two had a silent message between them but i couldnt figure what.

i didnt know how many i killed and how any curses i ducked. i never let hermione out of my sight. if,and only if i had not taken my eyes off her when someone punched my back and i fell due to the impact,she wouldnt have gone.

one word.one word was all it took to forget me. a figure dressed in black did the work what my father wanted. it was difficult for me to myself forget her but multiplied by a lot many numbers difficult to forget her whilst someone else makes her forget me. the damage was done. father got what he wanted when the spell was directed towards her.

''OBLIVIATE!'' 

Hermione took it. her body shook. i didnt care that the carrows and the others retreated,seeing us overpoweing them. all i cared was that hermione laid on the ground,her face remote.

when she finally got up,we were in the not-much-damaged great hall. she looked around and smiled. all of the people in the hall were happy that she was not obliviated. 

she remembered all of us,except one.

me.

her gaze turned to me and her next words made me run out of the hall.

''who are you?''

even after all these years,i felt the guilt of losing her. i cut contact with everyone after that night. i left my father. 

now look at me. the same old draco malfoy,only much more colder and depressed. its been five years and still a mere memory of that night made me more guilty.

look at hermione. she must be so 'oblivious' to any of her memory with me.in fact,she'd be happy with the new things that she'd have.

my heart aches for her love. if she comes back,i would accept her.

you'd ask why i think so.

well,my heart says that one day she'd come back.

if,and only if i'd not removed my eyes off her,she'd still be mine.

in another part of the world,a young woman lay on her bed,a piece of her heart long shattered clicking back in place but again falling. helpless as she was,her father ordered her to marry a man of his choice. she couldnt help but feel the longing for the one who loved her unconditionally. she was once full of joy and chirpiness. now she has lost all the brightness. a new day shatters her thoughts of a dreadful night being a nightmare. she doesnt even know if he felt about her the same way. only if she'd known he did. Hermione fell into a deep sleep after staying awake for many nights.
It was her love for him that kept her awake.

What both of them didnt know was that they felt the same about each other.

each was desperate for their love to come back.

but fate does bring two lovers together, doesnt it?

Hey guys. Sorry for the extremely long wait but this is it. The final chapter of Royalty. Thankyou for reading my book, voting and commenting. I love reading your comments.
I may write a sequel if I am in the mood but honestly,right now I am not.
So officially,this book is completed.
The sequel, however may be a one shot but I am not planning to write it anytime soon. I'll be reading other books and try to understand what makes those writers grab the attention of an audience.
If I write another book then it would be better than this and maybe not a fanfiction.
Until then,goodbye and keep reading.
                       All 'is' well

EDIT: THE SEQUEL IS PUBLISHED UNDER THE NAME ''SEAL OUR FATE''...DO CHECK IT OUT PLEASE!