Addy Brewer

•Ring•

•Ring•

The bell snapped me out of my daydream as Mr.Alford opened up his projecter onto the small board in the classroom. I did a double take to remember what subject he taught. You see, I'm like that. It took me two weeks to figure out my way around this school. Quite Possibly because their are 3 separate buildings. I try to pay attention in class, I really do but some times, I guess, I just get, well, sidetracked. Dispite that, I'm still passing all my classes with an 85% and above. All I ever really wanted to do was become an author. That's it. But, oh well I guess I have to get through Sophmore year first. 

"Class," Mr.Alfords voice rang through the small class. 

"This is not social hour," he said. "Focus on the equation," he demanded.

I got out my pencil and scribbled down the problem on a piece of paper. Easy.

We did this for about 15 minutes untill he pulled up a video on the board. Great. I already know all of this stuff. He just won't move me up to 11th grade math. I was in the gifted program last year, doing 12th grade subjects, but sadly, 9th grade is the last year for the gifted program, or as we like to call, TAG. TAG stars for talented and gifted. The 10th Graders doing 11th grade math is a group, prestigiously called the "Sweet Sixteen". All I've ever wanted is to join there group.

"Class, Come on! Work this equation now!"

Great, I had missed the whole video. I looked up to the Problem on the board.

Ratios. I'm good at ratios.

I sighed as we all turned our papers in and walked to lunch. All my friends are in the "Sweet Sixteen" and had math this period too. I always met them at the lunchroom after I put my books into my locker. I unlocked it as usual.

31

0

5

A note slipped out of my locker as soon as I opened it. It Read,

---

Dear Addy,

Eating lunch outside today between the 600 and 700 building, meet us there.

Love, 

Your friends

PS- Your gonna have to sneak out and say you have lunch detention in 600 building because the pass only admits three.

Xox- Anna, Stella, and Clara.

----

I make my way to the lunch room quickly, because I didn't want to be late. I pulled the door open to reveal a room full of kids who had way to much Red Bull today. I shove past and go through the almost empty line, as the bell was about to ring. I had remembered to make a fake lunch detention pass in case anyone asked where I was going. I leave the lunchroom, tray in hand and walk down the empty halls of the 700 building. I push through the door into the blinding sunlight compared to the dark hallways. I almost kept walking so I could go into the 600  building, As per usual. I take a left and see my friends sitting at an old picnic table.