✟Prologue✟

I don't own Diabolik Lovers the anime nor do I own the visual novel. I have not been fortunate enough to try out the visual novel so this will be basically off of the anime and what ever info I can find.
The only thing I own is my character Yua Komori
✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟✟

All my life has been devoted to protecting my older sister, Yui. Father said, when Yui wasn't around, that since she is the oldest she may choose her life, but since I am younger I must either become a Nun for the church or protect my sister.

I went with protecting my beloved older and learned to fight and defend. I was always told: "Be seen, but not heard. Defend, protect. Throw away your tears and emotions... along with your life if need be. To protect, you must first defend..." Or "Erase all emotions... protect Yui with your life... show no mercy... die if need be..." Those were the words I used to hear as I trained. I hid my tears, fear, pain, and happiness whiles in battle and in my daily life.

Why I never broke down and quit? because I love my sister dearly. She kept me going, thinking I was doing the training because I wanted to.

And also... because protecting her... fighting... and self sacrificing.... are all I have been taught... and all I am able to do...

I hid the truth behind my training from her. I hid my ill health from her. I hid the dark secrets of this world from her.

We often played together but after some time, when I was 4 and she was 5, she began to drift away from me... she found friends... she still played with me and kept me company as much as she could... but... I was still lonely most of the time...

No one really knew who I was. Heck, one of the Nuns forgot I was standing in the room.

I wanted to be with my sister forever, but... her happiness comes before my own. That is what I was taught. So I hid my loneliness and sadness from her as well.

I wonder... How long will I be able to protect Yui... before I cease to exist...

"I am Yui's sword and shield... a tool use to protect her... a mere shield... and sword... But one day, I will be forgotten by her... like a doll... I will fade away and lay forgotten... in the shadows of forgotten memories..."

"Do you wish to protect your dear sister?" a gently voice asked from nowhere.

"Even if I am forgotten... I wish to be able to protect her, at least until someone new comes in to take over." I answer, my vision beginning to dull slightly.

"Then I shall lend you my strength. in return... I'd like to rest within you... till I find my son..."

"I am not of very good health but be my guest..."