Chapter 3

Lena~ Wanna do lunch?

Kara~ Of course! I'll bring Chinese around 1?

Lena~ Sounds great! See you then

I was thrilled to get Lena's text, but now I have to find an outfit! And I only have an hour!

Its Saturday so I don't have work, but of course Lena is at the office, the woman never stops working.

Finally deciding on a pastel blue dress, the skirt part is flow that stops above the knees, I rush out the window because I have 10 min.

Landing in an alleyway by the Chinese place and changing into the dress quickly.

"Order for-"

"Kara Danvers" the man at the counter smiles at me. "Everyone knows you here Miss Danvers."

My cheeks go pink as I thank the man, pay and run out the door and towards L-Corp.

Stopping at Jess's desk, I see a sticky note on her computer stating "MS. LUTHOR'S BIRTHDAY - 11/02" that's next Saturday.. HOW DID I NOT KNOW!?

"Go on in Ms. Danvers." Jess slightly glares at me. It's nothing new so I smile and walk in.

"Kara!" Lena instantly smiles at me.

"Why am I just now learning that your birthday is next Saturday?!" I instantly fire at her with a slight glare.

"I-" Lena stumbles over her words "No one's ever really... cared.. so I don't mention or celebrate it.." Lena says carefully and looks slightly saddened

I soften immediately. "Well care."I smile "Come over to my place Saturday! We'll celebrate!"

"I wouldn't want to impo-" Lena starts, looking skeptical

"You wouldn't be imposing." I smile softly. "I always want to hang out with you Lena, and we have to celebrate your birthday"

Lena sighs good naturedly and smiles. "Alright. We'll do something."

"Yessss!" I fist pump and Lena just giggles.

"Now bring that food over here. I'm starving!" The brunette demands playfully

"Yes ma'am" I salute, making her smile even wider. I love when she smiles.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Alex! What do I get the woman who already has everything and can buy everything twice!?!?" I freaked to Alex

"Do something original." Alex stated like it was so obvious.

"Like. What." I ask gettimg frustrated more at myself than Alex

"I don't know... take her to do something fun." My sister is useless..

"But I-" i hear sirens and a scream in the distance. "Dammit..." I grumble "we're not done here!" I shout as I jump out the window.

I land on a street where police cars are surrounding a store. "What's happening?" I ask a police officer.

"Supergirl, thank God! An armed robber is in there with hostages. I have an officer down."

I immediately jump into action. I fly into the store, scaring the gunman. He fires and they just bounce right off me. He looks startled before he decides to try punching. I hear the sickening crunch of his hand before I grab that same hand and pull it behind his back.

"Ya know," I tell him "If the bullets don't work, why do you guys always think punching will? I never understood that.." he remains silent while I bring him to the police chief. "Where's the injured officer?" I ask him, wanting to see if I could help.

"Over there being stubborn as Hell" he points over to an ambulance where I can see a Latina woman arguing with the paramedics.

"I'm fine! I don't need to go to the hospital!" She argues. "Hey Supergirl." She says casually when she notices me.

"You're... Maggie right? Alex's friend from the NCPD?" I question as I recognize her.

She smiles fondly "Yeah." Then she looks slightly scared "don't tell her about this!" She urges and whispers under her breath something I wouldn't have been able to hear without my super hearing. "She'll kill me.."

"I'm sure that's not true." She startles, forgetting that I could hear her. "But I won't tell her" she smiles "but only if you go and get that leg checked out with the paramedics." She looks like she's about to protest when I put in "I'm sure they'll be a lot nicer about stitching you up than Agent Danvers would for getting yourself shot in the leg."

"I- fine.. let's go boys!" She declares to the paramedics as they throw me a grateful glance. I nod and fly off.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME MAGGIE WAS SHOT AT THAT ARMED ROBBERY YESTERDAY?!" Alex yelled as she walked into my apartment.

"It was the only way I could get her to go with the paramedics." I shrug shoving a potsticker in my mouth.

"Kara!"

"Look, she thought you were gonna kill her for getting shot. And it wasn't life threatening, clearly if she was still being a stubborn a-hole. She was fine." I insisted.

Alex huffs, runs a hand through her short red hair and plops down beside me stealing a potsticker from my plate "hey-"

"You have 15. You can spare one." Alex stated taking a bite. "Also. Can't you just say asshole like a normal person?"

"I- no..." I look to me feet. It's not like I don't curse, I just don't like to. "We didn't have curse words on Krypton. It feels... wrong sometimes." Alex sighs and pats my leg.

"Turn on Pretty Little Liars." I excitedly start the next episode. It's mine and, mostly Alex's, guilty pleasure. She won't talk about it with anyone but me.

Alex reaches for another potsticker. I slap her hand away. "Stay away from my potstickers or I'll tell everyone at the DEO and Maggie about your obsession with this show."

Alex grumbles and watches the show in silence.

A/N comments, criticism, ideas. All welcome!