Chapter 4

A/N There's 2 songs in this one. Both above. I promise songs won't be so frequent after this! (Unless you want them to be... gotta lemme know tho. Ill go with the majority vote)

"Hi Jess" I smile brightly as I walk into Lena's building

"Ms. Danvers.." Jess drawls. "Ms. Luthor is in a meeting."

"I know. I'm here for you."

"Excuse me?" Jess cocks an eyebrow.

"Here's the thing.. and before you sat no, I brought you coffee and donuts!" I set the gifts (bribes?) On her desk. She narrows her eyes and nods for me to continue. "Okay! So it's Lena's birthday tomorrow and I had no idea what to get her and then my sister said to do something original, cause what do you get the person who has everything? Anyway, I can kinda sing I guess.. well Lena said she likes my voice and stuff... anyway! I want to know what her favorite song is cause I'm gonna sing to her for her birthday! Ya know it's ori-"

"Ms. Danvers!" Jess cuts me off. For a second I think she's upset, but I can see the amusement running through her eyes.

"Sorry.. I tend to ramble." I shuffle around a bit

"I noticed." Jess laughs a little. (I think I'm getting around to her *fist pump*) "Look, it's clear you care a great deal about Ms. Luthor. I mean honestly, she hasn't let me do anything for her birthday since I met her. Of course I always do, but she doesn't know." Jess smiles. "Her favorite song is Everytime by Britney Spears."

"Seriously..?" I question "that doesn't seem..."

"I'm very aware. I was almost as surprised as you were. But I swear." She laughs.

"Well I can do that" I smile. "Thank you so much Jess!" I jump a little excitedly

"No. Thank you Ms. Danv-"

"Kara. Please." I interrupt

"Kara. Thank you. I haven't seen her as happy as she is now since she met you. I'm sorry I've been... hostile towards you. I worry for her. People who come by, don't usually stay. And for both of your sakes, I hope you do." Jess smiles sincerely towards me.

"I don't plan on going anywhere. And hey, if you wanna catch me sing, tomorrow I'll be taking Lena to a bar, the on on 11th and Main, around 8." I

"Dually noted Kara" Jess laughs

We wish each other good day as I walk out and grab my cell.

"Unique? I need a favor."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Saturday ~ Lena's birthday

A knock sounds on my door at 730.

"Lena!" I exclaim pulling the slightly younger woman into a hug. "Happy Birthday" I say into her dark locks. I hear her heart beat pick up when I touch her.

"Kara.. strong..." Lena chokes out

"Oh I'm so sorry! I'm just really excited." I say immediately letting her go.

"You're fine" she laughs. "So what's the plan for tonight?"

I jump and run into the kitchen, at human speed of course, and grab a large cupcake with a candle in it.