Chapter 7

So I may have been avoiding Lena for a week...

I let, yet another call, ring all the way through. "You're gonna have to talk to her eventually." Alex chastises gently

"I know!" I groan and throw a pillow at her. "I'll talk to her later today. I swear!"

"You don't nee-" Alex is interrupted by a knock on the door. She gets up to answer it. I hear Alex chuckle and turn around to see an angry Lena. "Looks like later is now Little Sister. Good luck!" She yells as she walks out the door laughing.

"Uhh.. he-" I try to start

"You've been ignoring me for a week!"  Lena shouts exasperated.

"Look, I know, I-" I'm interuppted again.

"If you really didn't want me to know about you then fine! But at least have the damn decency to-"

"Woah!" I interupt her this time. "That's not what this is about. I promise" I look her in the eye to show her I'm serious.

Just like that the anger melts away to sadness and she comes to sit beside me.

"Then would you mind telling me what I did to make you avoid me?" She looks down and heartbroken. "You're my only friend and I couldn't handle it if you stopped talking to me.."

I lift her chin up with my index finger "I'd never stop talking to you.." I drop my hand. "This is my fault. I needed to... sort through some things.."

"What kind of things?" Lena scoots closer.

"Uh.. well I- hmph..." I have an idea. "It might be easier to explain this a different way... Stay here." I walk to my room.

I return with an accoustic guitar. Lena looks curiously at me as I quickly tune it with my alien ears.

"Of course you can play the guitar AND the piano." Lena quirks an eyebrow at me.

I blush. "And the violin, cello, bass, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, tuba..." Lena looks at me dumbfounded. "I needed an outlet as a kid! Alex can play them all too! But she also plays the drums. I always hit holes through the skins.." I say sheepishly rubbing the back of my neck.

"Color me impressed." Lena smiles.

"Okay, now you need to stop talking before I lose my nerve here." I laugh nervously and she just nods. "I'm not very... good at words.." I pause. "Clearly because I just said 'good at words'" Lena giggles. "And for the past few days... weeks.. maybe even months I've been noticing some.. feelings. And I need to share them this way, and right now, or I don't think I ever will." I stare pleadingly into her eyes. "And I hope if this all goes horribly you'll still remain my friend..." I smile hopefully.

I sit on a stool and play a track on the stereo with a piano, violins, and cellos and begin to play the guitar. I don't look up.

The day we met,
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart
Beats fast.
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone?
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

I open my mouth for the next verse, but never get the chance. I look up to see Lena right in front of me, smiling and singing. (Let's pretend it's Lena and not Jake.)

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is

I smile brightly and begin to sing with her.

I will be brave
I will not let anything take
Away. What's standing in front
of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer

I get up from my stool to stand face to face with a smiling, beautifully singing Lena. We both have tears in our eyes.

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

I'll love you for a
thousand more

One step closer

We take another step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a
thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

We begin to inch closer as the last lines end.

I will love you a thousand years

Mhmmm...
Mhmmm...

The song ends and I flip the guitar around so it's resting on my back, still only inches away from Lena. Both of us smiling like idiots.

"You've been holding out on me." I whisper

"We all have our secrets Supergirl.." Lena says seductively, now only millimeters away.

"Care to share?"

"But finding them out is all apart of the fun.." she finishes, finally closing the distance and pressing her lips against mine.

A/N hate it? Love it? Indifferent? Lemme know!