10. Heather's Luxury Dine In

"Zaviana, stop. Just let me help you into the damn shower." Ashton argued with me.

"No! I will be fine on my own. I can do it by myself. I don't want you to see me."

"Best friends see each other naked all the time," he replied matter-factly.

"Not girl-guy best friends."

"Yes, they do."

"The gay ones."

"Well I'll be gay today then, just for you."

I sighed.

"Ashton I'm not crippled. It's just a bruised knee. I'll be okay, plus I need to try and stand on it anyways to get some strength back in it. It's my body. This discussion is over. I don't want you to see me naked nor do I want or need your help showering and that's final." I crossed my arms, hoping he would stand down so I could just take a peaceful shower.

"Fine. But when you fall and bust your ass don't call for me," He replied walking out shutting the bathroom door behind me.

I reached over quickly to lock the door behind him. I plugged in my Bluetooth speaker and shuffled music. I sat on a low stool and gently removed my pajamas. Reaching over, I turned on the knob in between the red and blue colored arrows. I stuck my hands in the water to test the shaky temperature.

I stood up off the stool and sat on the edge of the tub, placing the stool in the middle of the tub, then shifting from the edge to the stool.

It always pondered to me how they got soaps to smell just like real fruits and vegetables. Is it the same process as making a color? Mixing other colors to make another. Do they mix banana and cucumber to get vanilla? Or strawberries and peaches to get melon?

I dispensed a supplementary amount of blueberry shampoo into my hands and lathered it into my thick, curly hair, that was weighed down with previous hair products in it before the water washed it all away.

The song playing seemed to fit my current mood. I caught on to the words after the second chorus, I sang along at the top of my voice the lyrics along the lines of guys my age not knowing how to emotionally or properly physically treat, touch, or understand me; booming from the speaker.

I strung the water from my hair and tied it into a pineapple on top of my head. I stood to balance on my non-injured knee-- stepped onto the soft marble bath rug and leaned against the counter for support.

Reaching for my white fluffy bathrobe from the towel hanger, I retrieved it and slipped my arms inside the sleeves, tying it up in the front.

I opened the door to the bathroom to be met with a smirking, crossed arm Ashton. I raised a brow at him.

"So the youngins don't know how to love you good huh?" He laughed out, throwing his head back .

I bit my lip and shuffled past him into my bedroom.

"Get out. I need to change."

"Alright, miss I like older guys now," he continued the tease.

I ignored him, rummaging through my drawers for underclothing.

He grabbed the handle of my door closing it as he walked out. He stopped when the door was at a crack, that was big enough for sound to travel into my room.

"You know babygirl. I know how to make you feel good -- unlike them, whenever you're ready... or whenever you're old enough. Come see me and I'll make sure you never go back." he spoke through the crack, before shutting the door, where the edge met the groove finally.