16. Him: Part IV

Ashton walked in his father's office located on the right wing of the house. He knocked twice on his father's door, announcing his arrival. His father looked up from his computer and motioned him in with two fingers. Ashton sighed walking in, not taking a seat out of disobedience. He hovered of his father's desk tapping his fingers on the polished Cherokee wood.

"You called me in," he spoke first.

"I've been calling you in for the past four days and you've only now showed up. You think it's okay to disrespect your father like that son?" Mr.Gale answered biting the end of his glasses. "Now take a seat, because we have a lot to discuss boy."

He rolled his eyes, taking a seat in the right, leather chair. "I know what you're going to say and I don't want to hear it," Ashton began.

"I don't care what you don't want you hear. Now you listen to me, I have broken my back and worked hard for us to be here. The name that I have earned for the two us, is not to be tampered or threatened with, do you understand me? We have standards and protocols, and that little thing that you're following so close up in the ass, needs and is going to stop." Mr.Gale finished.

"She's not a thing, she's a person, and she has a name. A beautiful one at that," Ashton replied.

"Son, I know you—"

"You don't know anything about me." Ashton interrupted.

"I know plenty. I know that no matter how many times you tell me you've called it off with her, it's always a lie. I also know that you only have one more time to mess up again and get caught with her and I'm hitting you where it hurts. Starting with her. Did you know she's here on a $94,000 dollar scholarship? Merit-award. The girls got brains, I'll admit that, but somewhere in that own little pretty head of yours, you lost yours. So I suggest you find it or the first thing to go is her scholarship, and judging from her backgrounds... I'm sure that is all that would take to get her out, and back to little ole' Tennessee the coon goes," Mr. Gale replied laughing, taking a cigar from from his desk and lighting it.

"Watch your damn mouth when you speak about her," Ashton fumed leaning forwards in his chair.

Mr.Gale took a long inhale of smoke, standing up out of executive black leather rolling chair, and walking around to the edge of his desk, sitting.

"You knew how this would play out Ashton. And I know that a girl like her probably didn't pursue you first, you're like your father—"

"I'm nothing like you," Ashton interrupted clenching his jaw.

"You're just like me. When you see something you want or shiny you just have to go get it. I'll admit son, you've got yourself one there with that Zaviana of yours. I mean gorgeous girl, real beauty. I wouldn't mind turning her over myself, if you know what I mean," his father laughed, letting out an inhale.

Ashton sat, fingers gripping into the leather chair, his body rigid.

"But never, in a million years would I take her out in public," Mr. Gale put down the cigar stalking towards Ashton. "Never, because I'm not that damn stupid!" The palm of his paler hands met with Ashton's cheek.

"You embarrassed the hell out of me bringing that tramp in there. Do you know how many recruiters were in that damn room? And you had the nerve to carry her on your arm like you respect her or something, like her kind deserves it or something. Is her goods really that good? You just couldn't have one time and kick her back to the curb where she belongs? Tell me son, what is keeping you there, I have to know. Surely if it is something that lies between those long pretty legs of hers I'd think I need to take a sample too myself, huh?" He dryly laughed, picking up the cigar once again, bringing into his mouth.

"How can you say that, about her. What does that even mean her kind? Like me and mom?" Ashton held back tears, the stinging lingering in his right cheek still.

"What did I tell you about bringing her up again. She's dead. Do you hear me? She's dead! Now answer my question, what is she holding onto you with," his father spoke deep standing again with a threatening hover.

Ashton didn't raise his head. Four tears fell him from his eyes, two from each eye. His breathing hitched and he sat afraid and pained.

"Well I'll be damned son. Your inlove the coon aren't you? That's the reason why you keep taking these ass beatings, for her?" Mr. Gale asked.

"Fuck you," Ashton responded regaining his emotions.

"You haven't even fucked her have you?" His father asked amused, tapping the ashes into black marble ash tray. "Pathetic."

"I have a heart unlike you. I respect her morals and values unlike you did to—"

He was interrupted by another smack. Harder than the first. Like usual, the hits got harder, rougher, and more meaningful.

"Her kind doesn't have morals nor deserve respect. Pull the shit, you act like you've forgotten everything I've ever taught you. You know better than this, and I'm damn well tired of warning you about the same bitch who's putting you in here," he angrily put out the light, throwing the cigar down on his desk.

"I'm done with warnings. If I catch you with her again, I'll do more than just take away her scholarship. I'll personally deliver her probation slip and I might get a taste of what you still haven't yet."

"Stay away from her you disgusting fuck. You will get what you want, just like you've done by using me my entire life. I won't let you hurt her or touch her ever. If I agree to stay away from her, that means you do too or I'll destroy everything you've ever cheated to get for me," Ashton warned.

"I've never used you for shit. I built you, I made you. Without me you wouldn't have this name for yourself, or that damn condo, or those cars, or nearly the amount of pussy that whines for you, so I suggest you stop bitching and tell your father thank you for all the work it took me to get your ungrateful ass here."

Ashton scoffed. "You did nothing for me. Everything you did was for yourself, you wanted the name, you wanted the contacts, dinners, banquets, regconition, the office on the 44th floor, the cars, house, money. All of it. And to top it all off she died just in time to disappear so you could make up fake stories about her. Tell please, who the fuck is Lisa? Because my mother didn't die during childbirth."

"You know, I know why you're so far up the little coon's ass. I finally get it now," his father begain pouring a small glass of whiskey in the nearby glass in his right drawer. "And it's s honestly pathetic really, that you're so fucked up over your little mommy's death that would go looking for her in another person. I understand she resembles your mother in ways Ashton, but really, move on, because you look pathetic. Your mother is dead and she is never coming back. Ever." His father replied taking a swash of the brown liquid.

"Well you know what. You're right about one thing. She does resemble mom, not in some ways, in almost every way. In her personality, smile, frame, auroa... down to every detail...the most beautifully distuingishing one. Her skin. Complexion and all." Ashton finished, getting up from his seat and walking out of his fathers office.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So... where's yall cup of tea? This is some teaaaaaa. And aww. Poor Zavs hasn't even gotten a sip. Yikes. Wonder how Ash is gonna break that to her, his race and all. Shocker right? Can we also agree his father is a dick. Yeah. Okay.

Don't forget to comment and vote!! Comments help me know which type of chapters you guys like more of and can clear up any confusion! Feel free to ask questions, I will get to them! I'd love to enter this book in next years Wattys for 2019 so please vote ! Xoxo