18. 007

For the past week Ashton and I have snuck around campus as friends on adventurous scavenges together. Excuse me, not as friends, but as fucking besties. Our current friendship consisted of kisses here and there, usually at the time of my arrival, once during our secret outings, and upon my dismissal, but none as deep as the kiss we shared that night in my room. Because friends, even besties, don't go that far with another. I convinced him. So we kept it to small pecks to alleviate the tension that would rise if we did never connect flesh, and the result of that would create nights like the one in my room. Electric and driven.

We were most definitely not dating. We never kissed in front of our friends, considering the only thing they were actually aware of was that we were continuing out our friendship and promise of four months. Although, we were down two months and a week due to interrupting measures.

Sneaking around with Ashton was much more complicated than I thought. After Ashton pointed out a few dozen familiar faces I should recognize as his father's mini-men, I began to notice them more and more on my simple outings to take the trash out, or walk to class, or the schools on-campus convenient store, when I needed more tissue. I never understood his fathers power until I was being continuously watched by his minions dressed in black and grey office suits. It made me realise how senseless I was a month ago, how easy I made us seem to
Ashton, not trusting him and going about my own fantasy and hope.

We never went out during the day. Or at night. Our times consisted between 1am and 5am. We had to be back inside by 6am, which was usually my curfew time. On mornings which we couldn't sacrifice to stay up with the predators, for various reason such as; we got tired from the last previous mornings, noticed a heavier amount of spying than usual, or actually had college to complete, we settled with video chatting.

Kaiden and Ashton went a week ago to buy a new phone, under Kaiden's plan, for Ashton. It was too risky to text, call, and video chat from Ashton's phone, being that his father was probably keeping tabs on that also.

I constantly thought to myself over and over how many other girls boyfriends, I mean friends—besties, have separate phones used to contact them and not for a line of other mistresses. How much do you have to love someone to risk your entire seventeen years worth of hard work over? Was it love or was I being naive? Or was it even love that was making me do this... or just Ashton?

What made me cling onto him and quench for every ounce of his loving attention and protecting auroa? Was it the way he smiled or laughed at my corny jokes, displaying a perfect row of white, aligned teeth. His constant teasing of everything I do, the way I eat, or walk, or my expression when I'm eating something I love as much as him. Or could it be his eyes, the way they changed from conversation to topic or Kaiden to me. I loved the way each golden orb floated in his lake of green. Sparking when he was amused and dying out when the kiss ended right before it took just the right, but dangerous turn. Or was it the way I strained my neck upwards to be blessed by his chizzled features, and the way he strained his neck downward to adore my soft structure.

Maybe it was the way he supported me like my own personal counselor. Listening to any and every small problem, and giving the most well thought out response that could be conjured. Or when he opened up to me those late mornings, sitting inside his car, outside a lush green field in one of the different sections of the reserves that we hadn't yet explored yet.

The reserve had been renamed as ours. It was our go-to. Far enough from the campus, and easy to spot if we were being followed, because who goes to a reserve at 3am in the morning to sit and enjoy the company of their passengers unless they were being secretly watched by their brainwashed, father's spies.

The thing I enjoyed most besides the sneaking around successfully, were the small looks we shared at one another in public. Whether it be in the dinning halls, around campus, or coincidentally when we happened to meet at the same on-campus convenient store, after Ashton texted me which store of the many 8 he was in, and what time to walk in. The best part of it, was the shoulder brushes, or small contacts met with our finger tips as we walked by each other, attention diverted to completely opposite directions of the isle, or sidewalk.

I cartwheeled across the dark parking lot, pretending I was on an 007 mission, walking through imaginary lasers, rolling on the ground, and small non-approved martial arts moves.

"What, are you doing?" Ashton asked, leaning against his dark blue sports vehicle that went faster than I liked, shaking a disapproving head at me.

"I'm trying to make sure I don't get caught, I need to be invisible," I replied dusting off any debris from the parking lot floor.

"So what your saying is that... You put on all black outfit, and cartwheeled through the dark, while already being dark, to be invisible?" Ashton asked raising a boy.

"Yeap,"

"Just get in the car," he lightly chuckled, while opening the, midnight blue, glazed door to my side.

The sky was dark but outlined with darker mountain ranges and heaps of forest. The stars sparkled to their brightest, more so to be beautiful, than worrying about lighting the sky. And the moon shown as a whole tonight, big, and HD.

The sound of the wind hitting against the tires that were riding on a smooth black road, made it obvious there was no need for any music. It was the music, and it sounded beautiful.

One of his hands controlling the fast piece of metal, the other, controlling my tempature, and it rested in my thigh, caressing it on the straightaways.

My state of confusion began to rise when we passed the reserve and made it out and away about 20 miles from it. I asked him to what destination was expecting our arrival this time, and he simply replied by giving me a boyish smile and squeezing my thigh slightly, before redirecting his attention on the lone road.

I sat from in my seat, admiring his beauty. Redirecting my attention everytime his moved from the curvy lane.

He looked content, and peaceful. It made me feel welcomed and not as a burden, or some girl whom he has just felt sorry for and needed to continue out his duration. No. I felt loved and needed. Loved by his attention and needed by his heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment and vote!! Comments help me know which type of chapters you guys like more of and can clear up any confusion! Feel free to ask questions, I will get to them! I'd love to enter this book in next years Wattys for 2019 so please vote ! Xoxo