22. Us

"Zaviana wait," Ashton rushed in a whisper.

I walked out of the building and walked towards the side walk. Keeping my head level. Eyes close together.

"Where are you going, wheres your car?" Ashton talked quietly in by my side, straining to keep up with my pace.

"Ask your father."

"What rules Zaviana," He said

I turned on my heel and shook my head to the side.

"Do you even care what we're being forced to do? You haven't brought it up, no interjections. I mean do you even care?" I shouted at him.

"It's an opportunity. Why would you even ask that?"
Ashton spoke looking around me, before taking my wrist at pulling me faster forward.

"What opportunity Ashton? Your father hates me, and I'll be dead on the six o'clock news in the next 4 months if I even make it that long," I said to him.

"Can you stop being so fucking negative," he snapped as he pulled me even faster as we close approached the road that led into my dormitories building.

I yanked my wrist from his grasp and jabbed my finger into his chest.

"You don't get to speak about my safety or future because you don't care! You don't care! You don't care about me Ashton! You never did, you don't now, and you won't !" I screamed at him.

"I love you for fucks sake!"

"Then give me the damn papers Ashton!" I yelled.

He didn't say anything back. He looked away from me and locked his jaw.

I shook my head and turned away sharply, proceeding to my building. I wiped the tears that were spilling down my cheeks with the back of my hand. I heard Ashton jogging up and behind me.
So I pulled out my keys from my purse and quicken my pace. I reached my door and unlocked it, stepping in quickly to try and shut the door behind myself.

His wrapped around the edge of the door and he yanked it back towards him, swinging the door open.

I huffed and turned back around. Throwing my belongings across the living room to the side of me. I stomped into my room and turned on my heels.

"If you loved me, you wouldn't have let me cry alone in this room. If you loved me, I wouldn't be just some item to everyone around you. I'd be someone you loved. If you loved me Ashton, you wouldn't be protecting your father!" I broke down, I threw my hands into the air.

"I'm not protecting him and you know this. I told you I'm working on something. To get you out of this, to get us back."

"Then give me the damn papers Ashton !" I shouted.

"You know I can't do that. I told you, I'm thinking of something. I got your note, but I can't do that just yet," He rambled in an attempt to explain.

"You are letting him dig his roots into our soil. We have all the evidence we need. Why won't you just give it back," I cried to him slapping my face into my hands.

"It's not yours to tell Zaviana, we talked about this."

"He's threatened to kill me! Are you kidding me? Do you even hear yourself! It's funny really, because you're telling me that presenting evidence to the police for not only my safety but for the justice of your mother, is not mines to tell," I whimpered looking at him this time entirely.

"I'm just trying to protect you and you know this. Don't make me the bad guy Zavs," he leaned forward to try and grab my hand.

I stepped back from him and crossed my arms, while looking at the ground. I watched my tears dissolve into the soft off-white carpet.