Eleven

Two days later, she was out of the tent. The numbness still hadn't subsided, and Abby was working as best as she could to figure out why. But Theresa didn't care; she could walk -- that was the important part. It was midday, and some of the others were gathering for lunch. But Theresa wasn't hungry.

"Hey, look at that," Bellamy called out. "You're free."

She turned to face him and smiled slightly.

"Doing any better?" Bellamy asked.

Theresa shrugged. "Abby has me taking some antibiotics, and they seem to be working. The infection is getting better, and my wounds should heal just fine," she replied.

"What about the numbness? Did the feeling come back yet?"

She shook her head. "Abby thinks that when Kane shocked me, he might have fried my nerve endings. I'm still numb, but I can walk. I guess that's all that matters, right?"

"Well, I mean, it's good you can walk, but that could be really dangerous if you're not careful. You could get seriously injured and wouldn't even feel it."

"Well, let's just hope that doesn't happen then," Theresa replied with a smile, but Bellamy wasn't smiling back at her. "Awh, come on, Bellamy, lighten up a little! I'm out! I can go outside by myself! I would think you'd be happy for me."

"Sure, I'm happy for you, but I just think you shouldn't joke around about this. Aren't you a little bit scared that you can't feel anything?"

"You know, at first, I was, but then I just got used to it. If the feeling comes back, then hooray. If it doesn't come back, then maybe that's not such a bad thing." She paused and started walking, to which Bellamy stayed on her heels. "But I mean, that's just my opinion. Of course, you're allowed to have your own opinion, but it's not going to affect how I feel."

Bellamy sighed when he realized that he wasn't going to change Theresa's mind; so, he decided to change the subject instead. "So, how's that little escape plan of yours coming along?" he asked.

She smirked as she thought of what her and Bellamy had talked about the night before. He knew that Abby was going to let her out soon, and Theresa had been talking about trying to find Mount Weather -- even if Clarke wouldn't help her. "It's still a work in progress," she replied. "I figured I would wait a few more days, seeing as I'm still in the middle of the healing process. Hopefully Kane will still be gone, and I'll be able to sneak out of here without a problem."

"Well, I might be able to help you," Bellamy said, which peaked Theresa's interest.

"How so?"

"Clarke is trying to figure out a way to sneak into Mount Weather without getting caught. I figured you might want in on it."

"Of course. When do we leave?"

"Clarke is still working on finding a way in, but I can let her know that you're in on the plan," Bellamy said.

"Well, where is she? I can tell her myself."

"It's probably best if you don't. Abby doesn't know, and she doesn't need to know about it -- no one does."

"I think you forget how sneaky I can be, Bellamy Blake," Theresa said with a smirk.

He smiled and shook his head. "You're so strange," he replied.

"I like to think it's my best quality."

"Hey, Bellamy!" someone called out.

Bellamy stopped and turned on his heel, but he quickly looked at Theresa. "I'll see you around?" he said.