Two

So there they sat, the two of them engulfed by the darkness of the cave. The glow of the moonlight made the entrance dim, and she could faintly see off into the distance. Bellamy started to doze off and so did she, but neither one could risk falling asleep at the same time. Someone had to keep watch, and she automatically volunteered herself for the job.

As Bellamy slept, she was left alone with her thoughts. What if someone found them? They would surely recognize her; her face had been plastered along every wall on the Ark. It blew her mind that Bellamy had not the slightest idea as to who she was.

She thought she was finally safe. The majority of the grounders were gone thanks to the war, and the reapers lived in caves that she knew to stay away from. But then Bellamy saved her, and Bellamy was the first person she had been in contact with since she met Lincoln only a couple of weeks ago. She thought she didn't have to hide anymore, but obviously she was wrong.

She looked over to see Bellamy stirring, then his eyes opened. "Alright," he said sleepily, "I'll take the next watch. You go ahead and get some sleep."

"Not tired," she replied. The thought of being found filled her with fear, and it woke her up.

"Alright then. Why don't you answer some questions for me?"

"I might be able to answer some of them."

Bellamy shifted uncomfortably until he was in an upright position. "What is that supposed to mean?" he asked.

"It means I can't give you answers to everything," she replied.

"Then let's start with something you can give me an answer to. Like your name, for instance."

She hesitated. "You can call me T. There will be no arguments about it."

"Fine. T is much better than no name at all, and besides, it gives me something to work with."

"You can guess as much as you would like to, but I will never tell you my name."

"Okay, so...you don't tell me your actual name; you just tell me what to call you. That leads me to my next question. Where are you from? You must be one of the hundred considering the clothes you're wearing."

T shook her head and replied, "I'm a grounder. I found a dead body and took these clothes."

The expression on his face told her that he didn't buy it. "Then how do you know who I am?"

"I've watched you, all of you. You're Bellamy Blake, the leader of the hundred, and I know that you're looking for Clarke Griffin."

Bellamy hesitated, taking the time to think of another question, but she could sense that he felt uneasy. "Do you know where she is?" he finally asked, but in a quiet voice.

"If I knew I wouldn't be here now. I would be leading you to her -- there would be no waiting in a cave."

"I still don't know if I can trust you."

T got up from where she was sitting and walked towards Bellamy, then she applied pressure to his wound. He groaned in pain and begged her to stop, but she refused. "I could have left you to die the moment I had to drag you to this cave, but I didn't. I could have slit your throat while you were sleeping, but I didn't. I have told you at least three times now. You can trust me." She put emphasis in those last few words then let go of his leg, limping back to the opposite side of the cave to sit down again.

"Last question," he said, breaking the silence, "Why didn't you kill me?"

She hesitated, not because she was trying to make up a story like the last time, but because she didn't know exactly what to say. Then her answer came to her, and she hoped it would sound better coming out of her mouth than it did in her head. "Because your friends need you, and because Clarke needs you. The way you are with Clarke -- the way you look at her, the body language, and the way you talk about her -- is the same way I was before. There was someone very special to me and I lost him, and I pray to God that he's not dead. I know that he's not. He's just not here with me because he's waiting for me to find him. Just like Clarke is waiting for you to find her."

"I don't see Clarke like that," he muttered.

T rolled her eyes. "I have all of my senses and I know how to use them very well. Don't deny your feelings. You're only lying to yourself."

Bellamy sighed and looked out towards the entrance of the cave. "Just get some rest. We have a long day tomorrow," he instructed her.

"There is no 'we'. There is only 'you'. The moment you get help is the moment I leave you, and no one will know that I was with you," she replied.

"The more that you talk, the more I wonder about you."

"That's nice. I know I've been told that before," she replied then she turned around, laying down on the ground. Her exhaustion caught up to her in that moment and she was asleep in a matter of minutes. She suffered from the same recurring nightmare, and tonight was the worst it had been for a few days. The walls, the ceilings, and the floor all closing in on her like she was being trapped in a box.

She shot up, gasping for air, and Bellamy's arms on her shoulders. Her eyes were hot, like they would get when she was about to cry. That's when the first tear drop fell, and she quickly shook it off and proceeded to get up. The rays of the morning sun shone into the cave. She knew they needed to get going.

"Let's get started, Blake. Help must be found," she said. He followed her, the both of them limping as they started walking through the thick forest. There was silence and she knew that Bellamy had questions, but he was too scared to ask them -- or at least she thought he was.

"Are you okay? You had me worried. You...you started screaming in your sleep. I tried to wake you, but I couldn't do anything. It was terrible," he said.

"It's happened for as long as I can remember. I've gotten used to it. I don't need you to tell me how worried you were. You won't have to worry about me once you're on your way back to your base camp with help," she replied coldly. She wouldn't let Bellamy break down her wall of security, only Jasper and Monty truly knew her. Bellamy would never know her like they would.

"What's the nightmare?" he asked, continuing to pry.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it," she replied. They continued walking, and all they could hear was the sound of the wind blowing through the trees. They walked for a few miles, then she could see the remnants of the Ark getting closer. She couldn't keep walking with Bellamy. Someone would see her and she would be captured.

Bellamy continued walking, but she had stopped. Bellamy noticed and turned around. "Are you coming?" he asked.

T shook her head. "This is where I have to leave you. Help should be nearby if they have people patrolling the area," she told him.

"But your leg. Maybe we can get you help too," Bellamy insisted her to come with him.

"I can't. Goodbye, Bellamy Blake. May we meet again." With that final word, she started to run. Well, run as best as she could while she had a limp. That was when she realized her fatal mistake.

How could a grounder say something like that? He knew exactly what that meant. Everyone on the Ark said it. Why would a grounder know something like that?

A sharp pain shot through T's leg and she found herself falling to the ground. She hit the ground face first, then she couldn't move. Then she could see a man walking towards her, and he towered over her. The smirk on his face was obvious, even though her vision grew blurry from the amount of pain she was in.

"We finally found you," the man said, and she could recognize the voice at any given time. Marcus Kane, the man she had been hiding from. The man that had finally found her.