Three

Her head was still reeling from the pain in her leg. Marcus Kane was leading the pack of reinforcements, and T was being pushed along. Bellamy walked beside them, unable to take his eyes off of T. So many thoughts ran through her head all at once: "What are they going to do to me?" "Are Monty and Jasper okay?" "What is Bellamy going to say when he finds out the truth?"

The entire walk there was filled with uneasy silence and the tension was so thick that it could be felt even if she fainted right on the spot. The Ark grew bigger and her heart was closer to beating out of her chest. They walked out of the forest and T was forced to squint her eyes because she had not seen proper daylight for weeks after living in the shadows of the trees and various caves. They had set up a gate around the perimeter of the Ark, and a number of guards stood waiting.

Kane strode towards the gate cockily. "We found her," Kane whispered to one of the guards.

"Who?" the guard asked.

Kane grabbed hold of her collar and dragged her forward, nearly knocking her into the ground. The guard's jaw dropped and Kane smirked at her. T couldn't help the tears that were forming in her eyes as she looked over at Bellamy. She wished she could explain, but there would be no use. He would most likely ignore anything she said.

How was he supposed to trust her when she couldn't even tell him the truth? Bellamy walked into camp while Kane grabbed T's hands, forced them behind her back, and pushed her into camp. That's when the crowd started to gather. She looked around, seeing all of them whispering, giving looks, but even though she looked through the large crowd of faces she barely knew, she couldn't find the two she knew better than anyone else.

"Take her to the medical tent," Dr. Griffin said once she saw Kane forcing T along.

"Not this one. I have plans for her," he replied.

"I said take her to the medical tent. She has injuries that need to be taken care of," Dr. Griffin insisted.

"And I said no, Abby. Now excuse me," Kane refused yet again. He shoved T forward, but Dr. Griffin grabbed hold of Kane's arm, forcing him to stop in his footsteps.

"I'm going to tell you one more time," Dr. Griffin said in a low voice. "Take her to the medical tent."

T couldn't see the expression on Kane's face, but she wished that she could. Someone talking back to Kane was rare from the things that she heard. Everyone she knew was always so afraid of him. But Dr. Griffin had this confidence in her voice, and T would have admired her for that if not given the circumstances.

T felt the pressure of Kane being taken off of her hands, having been replaced by Dr. Griffin's gentle touch as she guided her to the medical tent. T looked around, seeing all of the people that watched her. But she still couldn't find any of the people she was looking for, and that scared her more than whatever Kane had planned for her. "Sit here," Dr. Griffin instructed her.

Dr. Griffin removed her arm from T's shoulder, then proceeded to move to a small table she had set up. Everything was there. All the medical supplies she could've needed to help fix T's leg, but she didn't want it. T took a seat on a makeshift bed like she had been told.

"You're lucky you know," Dr. Griffin said.

"Why?" T asked.

"Knowing Kane, he's ruthless. Who knows what he's going to do to you."

"Believe me, I know. But you didn't have to protect me."

Dr. Griffin froze for a moment, then turned to look at T. Her expression was soft but still serious; she meant business. "Whatever he's going to do to you is only going to add to the injury you already have. Why don't you thank me for giving you a little more time and a chance to heal?" she said sternly.