Twenty-Four

a/n: Regular updates are back! I wanted to go ahead and post this chapter because you guys have waited long enough. Enjoy! Also, expect another regular update on Wednesday.

---

The hours following Finn's death, it felt like something had fallen over the campground. Raven was inconsolable.

Clarke had killed Finn. She killed him before the Grounders had a chance to do it themselves. The following morning, Clarke, Abby, Kane, and others took Finn's body to the village of Tondc, where Finn's massacre took place. When the others returned, however, Bellamy and Lincoln, his sister's boyfriend, were no longer a part of the group.

Things were quiet around camp that morning, and Theresa found herself wondering where Bellamy had run off to. As she was going for a walk, she became alarmed when she saw the large pack of Grounders walk through the front gates, carrying their weapons in their hands and by their sides. She froze, and others around the campground looked just as alarmed. Suddenly, someone gripped her arm and pulled her back. She whipped her head around to see John Murphy, whose hair had now been braided in what were almost considered corn rows.

"Will you quit doing that?!" she whispered harshly. "You scared the hell out of me!"

"Sorry," he said.

"What do you want?" she asked, folding her arms and taking a step away from him.

"Um, okay," he stammered, taking a minute, as if he was thinking of something, "Clarke wanted me to tell you that Bellamy said he was sorry."

Theresa hesitated a minute then furrowed her brow. "What?" she asked.

Murphy let out an exasperated sigh and rolled his eyes. "Clarke said--" he started again.

Theresa held up her hand. "No, no...I mean," then she paused, scratching her head and trying to think over what Murphy had just told her, "Why would he be sorry?"

"He's gone to Mount Weather," Murphy said with his head hanging down, looking up at her.

There was a moment of hesitation. Murphy almost thought that she didn't hear him. But in reply, she said, "You're lying. He said that he wouldn't go without me."

He held his head back up, keeping eye contact with her. "Plans changed," he said.

She bit her lip, holding back her tears that were almost forming. She started to shake her head as she protested, "No, I don't believe you."

"Oh, and there's something else that Clarke wanted me to tell you," he continued, changing the subject as if trying to avoid an argument.

"This better be good," she growled.

"Your friends are alive," he told her, catching her by surprise. She was almost sure that she had heard him wrong that time.

"Wh-what?" she stammered, her tears suddenly filling to the brim.

"Jasper and Monty are alive," he repeated.

"Ho-how...do you kn-know?"

"Clarke heard it. That radio that Raven has been working on -- there was a transmission sent from Mount Weather."

A tear fell down her cheek as she suppressed a gasp. "Oh, my God," she exclaimed softly.

"That was why Bellamy went," Murphy turned the subject back to Bellamy, but she wanted to know what the transmission said.

"We-well, are they okay? Jasper and Monty -- are they doing okay?" she asked, her voice quivering.

Murphy hesitated, and she saw a look in his eye, unable to tell what he was getting ready to say. "They're okay," he said, but she wasn't sure whether she should believe him or not.