Chapter Thirty-One

"Alexandrielle? Alexandrielle!" I shook my head.

"Huh?" I dumbly asked to Jane who is smirking at me mischievously.

"You're still thinking about that....kiss, aren't you?" She asked while lightly blushing.

It took me a moment to register what she said.

"Damn you!! You're blending!" I accused her.

Her eyes widened and she blushed beet red. "N-no I swear! Sam and I just got out. We we're suppose to go home because both of you left and we were afraid to follow you because...well...we don't want to be included in your wrath...." She scratched wrists. "Unfortunately, we found you making out...and..." She blushed for the third time again.

I rolled my eyes. "I should be reacting and blushing like an idiot like that because that's my first kiss. And you who is still innocent in every way g-"

"That's your first kiss?!" I covered my ears at how loud she screeched.

"Damn woman. Have mercy on my ears please!" I exclaimed.

She smiled apologetically to me. "Sorry"

I just nodded and we continued to walk.

"Uhhm...do you mind if we drop by to my locker for a minute?" She asked me and I nodded. We headed down the hallway and reached her locker.

Opening her locker, an orange note flew out and I frowned while leaning beside her locker.

Both of us looked at each other in a silent question. What is this?

She bended down and picked it up.

"Eyes blue as ocean
Hidden beneath those glasses
Smile as beautiful as ever
Covered with those braces

For people they might think
you're ugly, but I saw the
beauty beneath the surface.

I have sinned to you once
I won't do it again
Just a place for your heart
Is what I yearn for"

"Whoever that is might be your secret admirer" I teasingly told her.

"Uh-huh" she absentmindedly replied.

"Who do you think it would be?" I wondered out loud.

"Maybe someone who just wanted to fool me" she said and she let the paper slip through her fingers and fell on the floor.

"You wouldn't know" I murmured as we walked to the classroom.

"Now that the whole class will be here..." I tensed at what Jane is trying to tell me.

"They better prayed to God that Zach won't be present today because I'm sure as hell won't be able to calm him down now" I alarmly told her.

"So...the kiss was just...to calm him down?" She asked.I just nodded at her.

"Did he...did he a-ask you to?"

I chewed on my lip and reminisced what happened yesterday. "Maybe"

"Maybe? What kind of excuse is that?"

"Excuse or answer?" I asked her.

"Whatever" she said sheepishly.

I just shook my head at her with a light smile.

"What is your relationship anyway?" She asked me a few moments later.

"If there is even a relationship" I told her.

"I don't get you" she murmured confusingly.

I sighed. I really like her as a friend so...might as well tell her. It's not like she'll gossip about it.

"We're...engaged" I said uncertainly as I waited for her loud reaction.

"WHAT?!"

See?