Chapter Ninety-Two

*Skylar's POV*
Eyes as cold and hard as the hard glaziers of the pole regard me as if I lost my mind, as if she's seeing something that is dead but been revived back alive. I couldn't blame her, her last words was all I am holding on to. I know that when I decided to leave her life, I know she'll consider me as dead. I am nothing to her anymore.

After what happened at home, I rarely see her. She's mostly absent, she cuts class, she just disappears until her mother just announced that she's not coming to school anymore. It was tempting to go and ask her why but I held myself in. I made this choice, so I should stand for it the way she does on her decisions. Maybe that's why Tyler likes her?

"I'll go to my room" she said coldly to her mom as she nodded.

Snapping out of my stupor, I offered her my friendly smile. "Let me help you unpack" I offered and she looked at me with that indecipherable look on her face. If I'm not mistaken, it is a mixture of anger, carelessness, shock, and annoyance. But nonetheless, she didn't answer.

As for me, I take that as a yes and even though she will be angry at me following her, I'll be ready for that.

Going inside her room, my heart sank. It was bare. The last time I came here, it was so lively; full of life and colors. Her sky blue painted wall looks somewhat hollow along with her empty desk, tables and chairs. There are only a few papers and pens here, unlike before which nearly filled the whole place. What really struck me is, there's not even a single glimpse or sign of the scrapbooks and photo albums of us that we designed together. Even the walls are bare, no more hanging pictures of us.

Did she really threw me out of her life?

She opened first her duffel bag and I take that opportunity to approach her.

"So, what's the first?" I asked while looking at her bag. Her clothes are even messy like she just shove them there while packing.

Not saying a word, she just took a jeans short, a white tank top, and a pair of undies before opening her walk-in closet and just dumping it on the floor.

Watching her in shock as she just disappeared in the bathroom, I can't help wondering what happened.

I know about the engagement and all but, I don't think it'll affect her that much. I mean, I thought she'll be happy because she'll be finally free from her parents. And besides, it's not like the Harrison's are cruel.

Taking the bag from the floor, I took all her clothes out and hang them on the rails neatly. Looking at myself in the three dimensional mirror, I can't help but wonder we're so different now.

She now has her hair dyed in dark-brown almost black color, her dark-brown eyes are so dull; almost blurry in color, her eyes doesn't have that twinkle anymore, and her lips that is always set into a small smile, a grin or a smirk is set into a thin frown. She held that sadness as if living in a second nature, and whatever happens, I will now help her even though I know she'll push me away. But I have to make things right now, I have to bring back the friendship I lost. She needs a friend, she needs someone to listen to her now and I am so much willing.

It's been ten minutes that she's inside and she doesn't take that long to clean herself.

"Alexandrielle, are you OK there?" I called out and I only hear a faint tap. "I'm going down to get some snacks, would you like me to take a pineapple juice too?" I asked, remembering how much she loves that juice. I think she can also live with only that juice in her system.

I didn't hear a response from her so I just strolled down the stairs and to the kitchen.

"Aaaah!" I screamed in shock when I saw a guy taking some chips from the fridge.

"Thief! Thief! Help! There's a thief in the house!" I cried as I grab a pan from the cupboard and use it to defend myself.

The guy looked at me as if crazy before narrowing his eyes in suspicion. "Excuse me miss, but I don't think I should be the one to be called as thief, because obviously, look at yourself. You doesn't seem to look as if you belong here" the guy half tauntingly said and offended is an understatement.

"And what the hell do you mean by that?!" I snapped at him angrily while pointing the pan at him, threateningly. If that even worked.

Rolling his eyes, he stood on his full height that caused me to be intimidated. Taking a step closer, he looked at me with dangerous eyes "You're too girly to belong here."