Chapter 24

Happiness flushes over Snap and his eyes light up. He runs to Lisa and hugs her, lifting her in the air and spinning her around. He tries to kiss her, but she turns away with a somber gaze toward the ground.

"I get it, babe, this is a lot to take in," Snap says.

"You... how... they told me you got life in prison."

He holds her face and stares deeply into her eyes. "I told you nothing would keep me from you. I love you, so much."

A small boy comes in the house, struggling to carry a bag of groceries. He looks like a mix of Snap and Lisa; it has to be their son. He looks at Snap, and then at Lisa, assessing the situation. "Mommy, who's that man touching you?" He asks.

Snap leans down to him and tears begin to dribble from his eyes. "I'm your daddy."

The child looks up to his mother, confused. "I have two dads?" He asks.

Snap stands to his feet and glares at Lisa. A stocky man walks in behind her, holding a bag of groceries in each hand. His broad shoulders carry the weight of the groceries like they're a bag of feathers. His blue eyes scan the room as he places the groceries on the floor and runs his fingers through the stubble on his strong jawline.

"I didn't know we were having company tonight, honey. I would've spruced up the place a bit," the man says.

Snap's son walks over to the man. "That man next to mommy says he's my daddy, but I thought you were my daddy."

The man hunches over and pats him on his head. "Of course I'm your dad, sport."

Snap's glare turns to anger. A chill rushes over the room. The rest of us are stunned, pondering if we should intervene or stay out of it because it's really none of our business. Luna is the only one who seems amused, still munching on her popcorn.

"I... I didn't want him to grow up without a father..." Lisa says.

"So you lied to him!? And told him some loser was his father!?" Snap yells.

The man steps up to Snap and grabs his arm. "Get the hell out of my house, or I'll throw you out!" He argues.

"Your house?" Snap asks. He grabs the man's wrist and twists it, making him fall to his knees in pain. Snap then freezes his whole body in place, instantly. No remorse is worn on his face while holding the arm of Lisa's frozen lover.

"This is my house!" Snap yells.

His child begins crying. His mother steps back, holding him by the hand. "G-go wait outside, honey. Everything will be okay," she says to him. He exits, and she closes the door behind him.

"Sylar, they told me I would never see you again. They asked me questions about your powers. I didn't know how they knew, but something told me not to admit to anything. I... I thought I would never see you again!" She pleads.

Snap's face looks like he didn't even hear a single word she said to him. Snap examines the man's left hand, his frozen wrist still in his grasp.

"You... married him... and gave him my ring..."

Aroma creeps forward. It seems she's had all she can take of this.

"L-let us all calm down, now," she says.

"I gave you everything! And this is what I get in return! You screw some guy and tell my son that he's the father!"

Arctic feeling winds howl inside the house. We all begin to shiver, and our attempts to move are becoming stifled. Frost finds its way onto the walls and glass items all over the room begin to shatter.