It Was Supposed to Be Over

((TRIGGER WARNING! I DON'T WANT MY READERS TO GET HURT BECAUSE OF ME! I WILL CRY! I JUST SAW A PICTURE AND WROTE ABOUT IT! MAJOR LANGST INCLUDED!))

It was over. They beat Zarkon, but Shiro was still missing. To lighten the mood, they occasionally played small games and had little talk sessions when they needed to talk about the good things instead of thinking about Shiro's disappearance. But one day came, and the games and the small talks couldn't help Lance this time. Shiro was his role-model. And now he was gone, and no one knew if he was to come back this time. His return from the Kerberos mission was like pure bliss to Lance, but he didn't know if he could go through another M. I. A. It was a lot worse because now he got to know Shiro, and became emotionally attached to him as more as a father figure rather than just a role-model. He was done with all the thoughts that just kept breaking through what little 'good' thoughts he had. He was walking to the hangar of his lion as Keith saw him pass the door of his room. Keith got confused because Lance had his hood up and was letting out small sobs. He peeked his head out of the door then slowly started to follow Lance. Minutes passed as Lance turned into the balcony of his lion's hangar as Keith watched him carefully from outside of the entrance. Lance stood behind the rail for what seemed like an eternity. Then he climbed on to it.

"Lance! What are you doing!" Keith yelled as he ran in.

"He disappeared again," he turned his head towards Keith and tears were streaming from his face.

"I can't deal with it for a second time," Lance's voice cracked as he turned back and looked down once more, "Tell the others that I said goodbye."

"Stop talking like that! You're not thinking rationally"

"I've been thinking ever since he left and the thoughts won't leave so I'm making sure that they go away forever," He said with a visible, weak smile that showed through the hood of his jacket.

"You can't do this!" Keith yelled once again as it echoed throughout the large room."

"And why the hell not!" Lance cried.

"Because... Because," Keith was trying to form his words, but it was working fast enough.

"Why, Keith?!," Lance's echoed louder than Keith's, "You hate me! I'm the 7th wheel! No one needs me! I'm just taking up space. I'm useless." Tears were now pouring from Keith's eyes.

"P-please don't do this," Keith pleaded.

"Why not!?" Lance once again yelled.

"Because I love you, and I don't want to lose what little loved ones I have! I didn't have a family until I met you guys and then I realized that it doesn't take blood to make a family!" Keith screamed at the top of his lungs. Lance's eyes were wide open as he was still looking down. He started to move back to get off the rail, but lost his balance and started to fall. Keith's heart dropped as he sped over to the rail and caught Lance's hand. He looked up as Keith pulled him up. When He pulled Lance up they fell and Lance landed on top of him. Keith quickly wrapped his arms tightly around Lance as his cry was muffled through Lance's jacket. They both laid there for a couple of minutes before Keith pulled Lance up and held his face as he kissed his face a few times then gave him an actual kiss. Both were still crying, but the kiss remained until Lance looked down at Keith and gave a weary smile.

"I-I'm sorry."

"Please don't do that a-again," Keith stuttered as he rubbed his thumb over Lance's cheek. Lance leaned into Keith's hand and nodded.

"I l-love you. Please don't f-forget that," he sniffed and smiled the same as Lance.

"I love you too, Keith," Lance said the leaned back down to give Keith another small kiss then laid back down of Keith's chest as they once again held each other tightly.

((Yeah. It's a really short chapter, but I felt like if I added anymore to it, it would ruin the whole plot of character development. Please, don't hate me! I FOUND ONE! IT ISN'T THE ONE I WAS LOOKING FOR BUT IT WORKS!))