Lucky

((This is based off of the song "Lucky".... and a few other ideas and inspirations. I hope y'all enjoy!))

As everyone slept, Lance stayed up wondering about everyone and everything that popped into his brain. 99.9% of them being about Keith. Somehow, he convinced Pidge to make him a guitar like the one he had back on Earth. It took multiple trial and errors, but Pidge finally made it.

"I'm gonna go die real quick," Pidge yawned and stretched as she began to walk to her bedroom. Everyone was asleep, but Pidge wanted to do this for him since he never really asked for much. He felt actual happiness to know that she would do this for him, but it soon faded and went back to his underestimated feeling.

"Thank you, so much, Pidge," He smiled and held it in his hands carefully. She nodded and left. He was left alone once again. It took a lot of time to tune it to the best of his knowledge, but it was close enough to sound correctly. He had turned on the universal map as he had found Earth and stared at the small light blue dot that represented it. He sat there for what seemed Like forever then began to strum random chords. He played some songs from his memories, like: Little Do You Know, Human, 7 Years, and My Heart Will Go On. As he finished the first song, Keith had woken up and heard the faint noise through his door. He didn't want to get up, but curiosity took the best of him as he got up. He wrapped the gray-ish-purple blanket around himself and began to walk down the long corridor. The music got louder and louder as he came to the entrance. He looked inside and saw Lance sitting in the middle of the floor, playing his heart away. He smiled and sat down at the entrance as he listened quietly. Then Lance started to play a very familiar song that Lance began to play.

"Do you hear me? Talkin' to you, across the water, across the deep blue ocean, under the open stars," as he sang these few lyrics he looked up and around at all of the stars that were on display above, "Oh my, baby I'm trying." Keith was debating on whether or not he should add in or to just listen to him, but he stood up and started to slowly walk towards Lance.

"Boy I hear you. In my dreams. I feel your whisper across the seas. I keep you with me, in my heart. You make it easier when life gets hard," Keith looked down and smiled at Lance as he sat down beside him. Lance jumped a little, but didn't stop playing. He smiled at looked Keith, who was wrapping the blanket around himself, as he was singing.

"Lucky I'm in love with my best friend. Lucky to have been where I have been. Lucky to be comin' home again," their voices matched in a soft harmony with smiles plastered on both pf their faces, "They don't know how long it takes, waitin' for a love like this. Every time we say goodbye I wish we had one more kiss. I'll wait for you. I promise you, I will. Lucky I'm in love with my best friend. Lucky to have been where I have been. Lucky to be comin' home again." Slowly, Keith had laid his head on Lance's shoulder and let Lance sing it on his own. Just listening to the rhythm his voice had with the guitar.

"Lucky we're in love in every way. Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed. Lucky to be comin' home someday. So I'm sailing through the sea. To an island where we'll meet. You'll hear the music fill the air. I'll put a flower in your hair," Lance ended this part and looked down at Keith, waiting for his turn.

"Though the breezes through the trees, move so pretty, you're all I see. As the world keeps spinnin' 'round, you'll hold me right here, right now," Keith sang softly as he snuggled up closer to Lance's side, but careful enough to where he didn't mess him up.

"Lucky I'm in love with my best friend. Lucky to have been where I have been. Lucky to be comin' home again. Lucky we're in love in every way. Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed. Lucky to be comin' home someday," both voices in unison once again. After the end, Lance strummed a couple more chords then leaned his head down on Keith's as he set the guitar aside.

"Never in a million years would I have thought that you would've been a fan," Lance chuckled. This song was written by himself and one of his past girlfriends. The song went viral, but he had no clue how viral it went. Until now.

"Wait," Keith shot up and looked at Lance with wide eyes, "You sang that?" Lance nodded and Keith smiled some more.

"That song has been running through my head ever since we left earth. It always reminds me of home," he smiled and looked up at the light blue dot that Lance had looked at before.

"I never knew who sang it though," he said as he looked back down at Lance, "Until now."

"Well, here I am. The writer and composer," Lance bragged. This made Keith laugh a little and went quiet as he thought of what he wanted to do.

"Keith?" Lance asked with concernment, "Are you-," Lance was cut off by a pair of soft lips landing on his. Keith slipped his hands up to softly pull Lance closer. Lance was shocked, but kissed back for a few seconds as Keith pulled away and smiled.

"I guess that you've been waiting for it, too." Lance looked down into Keith's eyes.

"Yeah. I was too big of a coward to act on it," Keith replied. Their moment didn't last for long when they heard a loud crash from behind the door opening. Hunk had fallen from where he and Pidge were hiding. They we huddled close together as they turned around and was met with a bright flash of light. Pidge had taken a picture of them. She smiled and started running away as Lance got up and chased after her.

"Pidge! Get back here!" he yelled.

"No!" Pidge retorted loudly as she escaped, using her bayard to get up to a ledge that Lance couldn't get to. Keith was looking towards Hunk and smiled.

"I'm happy that you finally did it," Hunk said as he got up and went to help Keith up.

"It wouldn't have happened if it weren't for your encouragement."

"I try sometimes," Hunk replied as he smiled back at Keith.

"What's going on?" Shiro and Allura both yawned simultaneously. Keith and Hunk quickly turned towards them as their eyes grew wide.

Um... Nothing," Keith chuckled in response. Shiro looked over at the princess then shrugged.

"Just... Go back to sleep, please," Allura murmured while rubbing her eye.

"Some of us actually need sleep," Shiro added.

"Yeah. Yeah. Mom and Dad," Keith whispered that last part which made Hunk laugh. Shiro and Allura groaned as Shiro face-palmed and began to walk away with Allura. A few moments later Lance walked back in whilst scratching the back of his neck.

"I couldn't get it," he said towards Keith.

"It'll be ok," Keith laughed as he went up to hug Lance.

"I'll leave you to it." Hunk chuckled as he left the room to go find Pidge. As soon as he left the room, Keith used his hands to pull Lance it a 'good' kiss while Lance's hands went down to wrap around Keith's back.

"I love you," Lance whispered as he put his forehead onto Keith's.

"Yeah. I know. I love you, too, dork," Keith smiled as he hugged Lance once again.

((Yes. I know that Jeremy did not create this song in any way, but I mean c'mon guys for real. Chill. It's a silly Voltron AU type deal... Don't get your panties in a bunch... ))