Across the Sea

I FINALLY UPDATED YAY! This one was really cute so i didn't want to leave out details.... So, it's VERY long.

Things were going slowly and downhill for Lance. His job put the weight of the world on his shoulders. His family eventually stopped talking to him, and it seemed like all of his friends had disappeared. Pidge went to an ITT Tech college a few states away. Hunk went to a culinary arts school in France. Then it seemed like Shiro had just vanished without a trace. He felt so lonely. So, one day, he decided to join a dating website in hopes to distract him from the thing they call life. When he joined he sat there staring at the screen of his laptop for hours upon hours. Waiting. Hoping. Eventually, he gave up even though it hadn't even been a full day. He set his laptop on his night-stand and rolled over then began to fall asleep. It had only been a few minutes after he actually fell asleep when a series of beeps emitted from his computer. He shot straight up in fright, but then realized what it was then tried to untangle himself from the grasp of his blanket. When he did, he grabbed his computer and looked around the screen frantically. He then saw a little message box pop up on the lower right hand side. He scrolled around then clicked on the heart shaped box.

Username: - salty_cornchip - has sent you a message.

Salty_cornchip: Hi. My name is Keith, and I thought your profile looked really interesting.

Lance read this and let out a quite laugh as he saw the other's screen name.

Ruler.of.the.universe: Ok, just by looking at your screen name, you already sound awesome!

Salty_cornchip: Thanks. I try sometimes. I like yours, too. Mr. Ruler of the Universe.

Ruler.of.the.universe: Oh, the names Lance, btw.

Salty_cornchip: I know it seems way too early to ask, but would you be okay with telling me where you live?

Lance seemed confused and contemplated on whether he should tell him or not.

Salty_cornchip: Hello? Was it too soon?

Lance's thoughts were interrupted by the sounds coming from his laptop.

Ruler.of.the.universe: Oh! Sorry! I'm here! I was just thinking and no it's not too soon. I live in Texas... But I just moved here a few months ago from Cuba.

Lance was still settling into his new apartment that his friends were helping him move into... That was until they left.

Ruler.of.the.universe: Can I ask you the same question?

Salty_cornchip: Oh, yeah. I'm currently living in Korea... but here is something funny...

Ruler.of.the.universe: What is it?

Lance waited in anticipation as he sat there, completely still. Just watching the screen as the 3 circles kept blinking rapidly.

Salty_cornchip: I moved from Texas a few years ago.

Lance smiled as they conversed and got a few more little details like food, hobbies, colors, jobs, etc., then time came when Keith had to go to sleep.

Salty_cornchip: Hey, it's been nice talking to you and all, but I have to get some sleep for work in the morning...

Ruler.of.the.universe: Wait. What time is it there?

Salty_cornchip: Midnight.

See, to Lance, this was pretty confusing because it was only 10:00 a.m. where he lived.

Ruler.of.the.universe: Wow. Okay you go to bed and maybe we can talk later???

Lance was hoping that this went well so that he would have someone to talk to.