9; insouciance

"insouciance"

— 

(adjective) A French loanword, insouciance describes a tranquil mind at its most peaceful state. One is free from concern, worry, or anxiety; it is nonchalance to the highest degree. Indifference and composure are signs of displaying an insouciance state, but the word's most compelling attribute lies in its aesthetic and phonetic rhythm. Insouciance is a regal and sophisticated word, it holds an undetectable attribute and the coolness of nonchalance by pronouncing it. 

  ❄️❄️❄️❄  

Zach is a bit sceptic about this whole figure skating thing. I told him he can't break our deal so easily and I had to remind him that I suffered a session of ice hockey with him, so it's only fair if he suffers a bit now, too.

"Come here. Come stand behind me," I tell him. I find I like to be in this role. Ordering Zach Crawford around? Priceless

He grunts something and stands behind me. I show how him how he should stand and tell him to put his hands on my hips. "Wow. This is progressing fast," Zach jokes.

My cheeks flame a bit and I stare straight forward for a few seconds until I know I'll be able to look at him with a straight face. "Keep your head in the game, Crawford," I scold.

"Believe me, Analeigh, I'm keeping my head right where it needs to be," he responds. And I have a feeling it's not in the game at all. 

"Now throw me up in the air," I tell him.

Zach is quiet for a few moments and doesn't do anything. He then leans forward, his face next to mine, trying to keep the position I showed he has to be in. "Are you insane?" 

"No. Throw me in the air," I repeat. 

Zach releases me, as if he got burned. "Hell no. I'm not doing that."

I sigh to myself. Okay, maybe I hit him with one of the hardest moves. But it's one I've got the must difficulties performing. And I sense Zach won't have any problem to grasp around it, since he's a really good skater. The best. 

"Alright. Remember the position we were just in," I say and turn around.

Zach flashes me his infamous grin, showing me his teeth. His eyes crinkle at the corners, making him impossible hotter. What am I doing here with this man? "Trust me, I'll remember it."

I cock my head to the side slightly, curiously watching him and waiting for him to explain, but when he doesn't, I just shake my head to myself and tell myself it's best if I let it go. The butterflies in my stomach don't get that concept, thought.

I go into showing Zach how to move before throwing me in the air so he'll have the speed and the power he'll need in order to do that move. "I'm not throwing you anywhere, Analeigh," he says stubbornly, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Zach, seriously," I plead. "I need your help. I've done this move a lot of times before, I know what to do once I'm in the air. You just have to get me up there." I smile at him.

Zach shakes his head. "And the next thing I know you'll break your neck. No," is his firm answer.

"Well, then. I think I have no use of you. I'll just go skate by myself." I shrug and turn around, wanting to just go skate and perform the single moves. 

"Wait! Aren't there any other moves? Easier ones? Let's try with them first," he says. 

I shake my head. "I can show you a few moves on the skate, but sooner or later, if you skate in a pair, you have an encounter with throw jumps."