The Sleepover

You sat upside down on Paulie's couch, feet propped up on the back. "Oi. Boi. Gimme a soda." Paulie threw a bottle at your head and you caught it. "Thanks."

"Mmhmm. Probably gunna be difficult to drink that while you're upside down."

"Is that a challenge?!"

"No, I just-"

"CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!"

"(Y/N), wait, I never-"

You ignored him.

"Paulie, how could you do this to me."

"I didn't do anything."

You stood, covered in soda, with your arms held out from your sides. "Great. Now I'm all sticky. Hey, how do you work your shower?"

"Um, same as the rest, I guess."

"Paulie."

"(Y/N)."

You looked at him, one eyebrow raised.

"Okay, come on." He walked off and you followed him, victorious. "Okay, so this does this and that does that, make sense?"

"Yes, oddly enough."

He patted your soda-wet hair, grinning. "Clean yourself up. I'll be on the porch."

"Sucking on a cancer stick?"

"Yep."

"Yuck."

He left and you got in the shower, staring at the knobs for a while despite having just been told how to use them.

~~~

Your clothes were a sticky mess, so you threw them in the hamper and walked out in a towel, heading to Paulie's bedroom. "Alright, where he keep his clothes." After rooting through several drawers, you'd managed to find an outfit. "Hehe..." You giggled to yourself as you pulled on a pair of his boxers. "This is so much more comfortable than lady undies."

Now fully dressed in his clothes and, unfortunately, braless, you headed out to the porch, arms crossed under your breasts so they didn't bounce too much.

"Hey Paul'."

"Why."

"Soda."

"Ah."

You sat down next to him and cuddled up against his side. You hated the smell of cigar smoke, but you'd deal with it if it meant spending time with your favorite person. He wrapped an arm around you, pulling you closer until there wasn't an inch of space between you. If anyone walked by and saw, they'd probably think you two were a couple, but it wasn't like that.

He rubbed his cheek against yours and you giggled at the scratchy feel of his stubble. Resting your head on his shoulder, you gave a quiet sigh of happiness.

~~~

The sun was setting, knitting the sky into a tapestry of red and yellow. Skeins of light threaded through the air, making the whole world flush with a golden glow.

"I guess I'd better get home..." You made to stand up, but Paulie wrapped an arm around your waist and tugged you back down.

"Not in my clothes you don't. I'll clean yours here, so stay. There's room in my bed for two."

"Finally asking for sex, I see. All men are the same."

Paulie blushed and clocked you in the back of your head. "Sh-Shut up! You've slept with me before and nothing happened! Why are women so confusing..."

"Because we have to be."

He huffed, still blushing.

'Time to pull out the 'I'm so offended' act.' You looked away and crossed your arms. "So, what? Am I not pretty enough, or something?"

"Wait what."

"You like some other girl? Or do you prefer men? What do you want, Paulie?"

"No, wait, you're beautiful (Y/N)! There's not another woman!"

You made a noise like you were going to start crying and glanced at Paulie from the corner of your eye. He looked so distressed. Maybe you should stop torturing the poor man.

You turned around. "Paulie, I'm joking. It's sweet that you act like we're married and see no other woman, though."

Paulie stared at you, mouth open. "What the heck?!"

"I just wanted to see what you'd do, it was a test, you passed."

He sighed and put out his cigar, rubbing one hand over his face. "You are impossible."

"No, I just care who I spend time with."

"That's a good thing, I guess."

"You darn right it is." Turning on your heel, you led the way inside as the sun finally vanished and shadows blanketed the world.

~~~

You burrowed down in the covers and yawned. Paulie got in next to you, wearing nothing but boxers. He pulled you close and cuddled up to you, wrapping his arms and legs around your body.

You buried your face in his chest and laid one arm across him, giving a small hum of comfort. He was so warm, and he made you feel so safe... You were asleep in less than a minute.