Teamwork

The workers of Galley-La watched, mouthes open, as you and Paulie went to work. One of the newer boys had been having trouble making a net, and Paulie had decided to help, with you by his side of course.

Together, hands moving so fast they blurred, you'd finished the net in less than a minute.

And then someone had challenged you on how fast you could do other things. So now, you and Paulie worked side by side, in perfect sync with one another, neither needing orders.

Paulie's gaze met yours and he grinned.

Your mind added sparkles

He was just so cute.

Leaning over, you grabbed the collar of his coat and jerked him close, slamming your lips together. The crowd cheered, because they've been shipping you two for years and their OTP was finally real!!

Paulie blushed so hard you were surprised he didn't pass out. "Paulie, sweetie, you're redder than a tomato."

He just blushed more.

You kissed him again, briefly, then skipped away, calling over your shoulder, "Cone on, Paul', we've got work to do!"

~~~
"Hey Paulie."

"Hmm?"

"Flash."

You opened your coat, under which was nothing but a bra, and Paulie leaned across the board the two of you were working on to pull it closed. "(Y/N)! Please! That is not necessary!"

"You like it~"

He looked away and you burst out laughing. "I KNEW IT! I FRIKING KNEW IT!"

He just huffed and zipped your coat up.

~~~
You leaned against Paulie when he pressed himself against your back, laying his hands over yours. You worked together, carving into the wood, making it into something else.

A smirk tugged at the corners of your mouth as you moved against him, rubbing against his hips. His grip tightened on your hands and his breath grew uneven. "(Y/N)..." He pressed his face into the crook of your neck, pressing harder against you.

In the most judgmental voice you could manage, you said, "Now, Paulie, you should be thinking about work." You poked his forehead.

"How can I when you do that?"

"What this?" You poked his face again.

"No, not... Never mind."

"Love you too, Paulie."

~~~
You stood on the side rail of the unfinished ship, looking toward where the sun was beginning to set. 'It really is beautiful... But not as beautiful as him.'

You smiled at the thought of Paulie, the expression widening into a grin when you heard his voice calling your name. "Coming!" You grabbed onto a rope and slid down it to the ground, landing on a stack of crates.

Two men walked by, carrying a stack of boards on their shoulders and you stepped onto the wood. "Do you mind, gentlemen?"

"Not at all, Lady (Y/N)." You heard the amusement in his voice and grinned again.

"Why thank you."

You hopped off when you'd neared your destination, landing on your feet and trotting over to Paulie. He grabbed hold of one of your hands and had you spin, grabbing you from behind and dancing slowly with you.

You let him hold you, tipping your head back to rest on his shoulder. "Was there something you wanted Paul'?"

"And why do you think there would be anything?"

"I can read minds."

"No, that's what I do, remember?"

"Yes, but I was hoping you wouldn't."

He kissed your throat, his hands rubbing up and down your sides. "Oh, (Y/N)... Do you know how long I've wanted to hold you like this?"

You kissed him, gently taking his hands in yours. "Doesn't matter. You've got me now, Mr Shipwright."

Half of Galley-La was having a friking field day and word quickly spread that the OTP was doing something cute.

Pretty soon everyone had found an excuse to at least pass by where the two of you stood, each one squeeing like a teenage girl on the inside.

~~~
You dusted your hands off and put them on your hips, gazing proudly at the newly-completed ship. "It's perfect." You breathed.

Paulie rested his head on top of yours, giving your hands a light squeeze. "Yes, you are."

You giggled and turned your head so your lips were almost touching. He gently traced circles on your palm with his thumb, leaning forward just enough to press a kiss to your lips.

"(Y/N)?"

You smiled, thinking he was going to say 'Never mind' again. "Yes, Paulie?"

Instead he surprised you. "I love you."

"Oh, Paulie." You kissed his scarred, rough hands and pressed the palm of one against your cheek. "I love you, too. And I'm so glad I finally figured that out."

He put his chin on top of your head again. "Yeah. I am too."

And together you watched the sun set behind the ship he'd built with those scarred hands you'd grown to love.