♚One♚

♚One♚

Profile

Name: Zara Jorgenson      Age: 19

Mission: Start new investigation.

♚  ♚  ♚  ♚

“Stop right there,” I shouted, raising up my police badge “I’m with Anderson’s secret detective agency, and you’re under arrest for the smuggling of two thousand dollars for drug trafficking.”

“Wait, what?” the guy looked completely dumb-founded as he raised his hands up above his head “I thought you were my friend.”

“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law,” I stated the usual routine as I came up to him and brought his hands down still behind him and handcuffed him.

“So, this was all a set up?” he asked, still seeming dumb-founded.

“It’s a secret detective agency. That’s ultimately what we do,” I exclaimed.

People these days.

“This isn’t over!” he shouted, as I gave him away to the cops and they shoved him into the back seat of a cop car.

I just laughed to myself as I walked away from the scene, seeing the only two people that actually knew me, Alisha Franklin and Nolan Perry approach.

“The infamous Zara Quinn has done is again!” Nolan boasted me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“What’s the next mission?” I asked, briskly walking in the direction towards the detective agency.

“Relax, you barely finished this one,” he stated, taking his arm off of my shoulders, letting me walk freely.

“You know that I like to constantly have action,” I reminded him.

“We know,” Alisha clarified “but every once in a while you’re going to have to take a break.”

“I don’t do breaks,” I stated simply.

We had already walked into the building and were headed straight for my office. I opened up the door and went straight for my desk, starting to tidy up the papers that were scattered all over the top.

“Well, the thing is,” Nolan started “We don’t really have a new investigation in the works yet.”

“I’m surprised,” I responded “you’re usually on top of this sort of stuff.”

“My boss still hasn’t gotten anything into to me,” he confessed.

“Stan?” I questioned, stopping in the tracks of putting papers together to glance at him quickly.

He nodded.

I went back to tidying up “Wow, there really is something wrong with you two today,” I implied.

After tidying up, I sat down and turned my laptop letting it warm up before using it. “But really, I need an investigation, and soon,” I repeated.

“Don’t worry,” he reassured me “I’ll get back to you on that tomorrow, but for now just relax; you really need it.” He rested his hand on my shoulder lightly.

“Really, you’ve been working so much, which is great, but you deserve this rest,” Alisha chimed in.

“That’s what you think,” I sighed and turned back to my computer, checking my email as the first thing.