Chapter 1

"Come on Sandra, it's just an hour's drive from your place!" Alex whined.
"You know I would have gone myself if there were any way possible. There's just too much work here right now and I have not been able to reach Amy ever since she left. Help me."

It was a nice sunny morning in the little town of Casper Hills. Known for the dense forests that surround all three sides of the town, if not for them and the thrill they provide to some adventure seekers, no-one would have ever known that Casper Hills existed. It was a small, faintly lit, poorly maintained, underdeveloped town occupied by descendants from the same families that probably lived there a century ago. All everyone cared about was how to leave the place.

It was not any different with Sandra either. So she studied hard, got through her interviews and enrolled for medical training at the Dallas University in the city. It was now break for 2 days and she was going home to see her family. Alex was her senior and friend at college, 'the popular guy' kind. His 6ft height, Greek God physique and messy blonde hair made him a favourite of every girl. He was talking about his sister Amy, who was out trekking in the forests for a week. Since electricity was still the biggest luxury in Casper Hills, mobile network was out of question. And this was getting the big brother frustrated.

"She is my only sister, Sandra, I am worried. You are my best friend, so it's your responsibility to relieve me of my worry. It's simple. You go home, the next day you drive to this trekking place, meet my sister. Then you come back and tell me how she's doing. That's all. Pleeeeasee?!" he pouted.

Sandra felt herself blush. She suddenly looked away, her deep black eyes twinkling. Sandra was the only consistent 'junior friend' Alex had. She caught his attention at their first meeting itself, which was during Amy's birthday party last year. She had a lean body, perfectly tanned skin, jet black hair, its straight locks cut to shoulder length.

"Fine. Fine. Whatever," Sandra gave in finally. "But what do I get in return?"

"Come back and you'll find out." Alex smiled. And those dimples caught her breath, like they always did.

"Ehmm... Ha ha.. okay."