Chapter 9

"I think you should seriously consider my view that the two lovebirds probably ran away," Michael said.

"No Michael. She would have at least called once if it was so, wouldn't she? Her brother is really worried."

"How are you related to her then?"

"I'm friends with the brother. Since I live here, he asked me to check out if she's okay."

"There. Problem solved."

"How?" Sandra was confused.

"She probably called her brother already. There is no way he can communicate it to you right? Not till you are here. How do you know for sure she never called?"

"But... What if-"

"Stop being so pessimistic Sandra. Try to be happy and positive once in a while!"

'I was happy and positive.. till I came to this place,' Sandra thought to herself.

"I suggest you meet the brother before you go to the police to report her missing. It's just the most sensible thing to do."

"You are right. I should talk to Alex before I do that."

They were seated at the reception area. She was munching down on some tuna sandwiches Michael made on returning.

" You really make great food, you know," she complimented between bites.

"I'm humbled," Michael bowed down dramatically.

Sandra smiled. He really knew how to lighten her up! 'If only he wasn't living in this freak place!'

Tuck!!

Gasp! Sandra literally jumped out of her seat! The biggest of the dolls had fallen from the rack.

"It's alright. It's just the dolls."

" How did it fall? It's inside the cupboard, it's not the wind definitely," Sandra asked.

She was mortified. This was the same doll the little girl was pampering last night.

"I don't know Sandra. Does it matter?" Michael was visibly irritated.

She couldn't blame him, ever since she landed she had been treating his Inn like a ghost house!! But then again wasn't it the truth?
Sandra shuddered. She wasn't yet ready to accept the haunted part.
'Come on, ghosts aren't real right?'

"Goodnight Michael! That's some dolls you made!" She commented as she left. Must have been the walk, she was feeling very sleepy.

"Sandra wait!" Michael hurried up to her. To her shock or rather amazement, he kissed her softly on the cheek.

"Goodnight!" He smiled.

______________________

The same dream again! The wind chimes, the smoke, the cloaked dark figure. She was sweating and paralyzed. She strained her eyes to see but could make out nothing. She kept floating in and out. The last thing she remembered before it left was the cloak. It looked familiar, but from where?...

______________________

"No!" Sandra screamed.

Disoriented, she looked around. She was in her room, it was still dark. She had a dream that she was paralyzed waist below and locked inside the cupboard with those stupid dolls... By a cloaked figure. Wait, so it was all a dream? The smoke? The sound of the wind chimes?