Chapter 13

"Oh God!!", Sandra stood in awe rooted to her spot.
"Please let it be not true what I saw... Please let it be not true what I know..!!"

The mirror was completely destroyed now. She inched away from it in fear, as if He would reach out and pull her into it, into the eternal doom.

"Please let it be my illusion", she sobbed. She was trembling allover. This was too much to bear. She didn't want this, she didn't want to know.

The basement had started to darken, Sandra became aware of time. She willed herself to move to the farthest corner of the room, sat down and hugged herself close.

"So it was all part of a Satanic ritual?!! He murdered his family in the name of some barbaric belief?! He killed his little girl?! That a*hole!" Sandra hissed.
'Or was he possessed by the You-Know-who?', her mind spoke. Her brain was panicking.

"Shh shh,"she hushed herself.

But one thing she was sure, no matter how hard she tried to ignore or lied to herself, this was the appalling truth, He saw her, and appeared glad of it too!

Before she had anymore time to deliberate, the basement door opened. Sandra froze up, she stopped breathing. She knew she had to hide before he came down, maybe attack him, take him by surprise and escape. But her body was too shocked to listen, all it did was sit still and stare at the stairs.

The Michael she saw in the mirror, she saw him climb down in his cloak. He was carrying his wind chimes and a huge sack in his one hand. He looked completely dissociated, hair disarrayed, chanting something under his breath, nodding his head all throughout. On reaching halfway through he stopped, looked around, and found her. 'So much for the plan to hide and attack! He would have spotted me any ways.' Sandra followed him down and observed his every move through watchful eyes. 'Give me one chance and I'll smash your head and run!'.

Michael walked over to the centre of the room, set his sack aside, took out a chalk and drew a huge hexagram on the floor. And he started to talk, not sweet or gentle as before but harsh and croaky, "I had my eyes on you ever since you landed in the Hills you know. I was on waiting. All I had to do was drain some fuel and add some water to the fuel tank", he continued still not looking at her. Sandra was confused but soon the memory came to her, when she thought she saw someone in her rearview mirror at the Trekking Office.... Soon after her car broke down... 'It was a trap!! I fell into his trap!! Is that what he did to Amy and James too?!'

It was almost hard to see anything now. The blindness sent a shiver down her spine. Michael walked to the other end of the room and emptied the contents of his sack. He bent down, picked something up and lit the candle, illuminating the entire room. Sandra absorbed his appearance. He looked a lot older, eyes hollowed and lifeless, he looked weak and tired. 'Could this be some kind of a split personality disorder?!', she was puzzled.

Michael caught sight of the cracked mirror. He gazed at it briefly as if transfixed in the past. She saw him shudder and quickly look to his right. He bowed his head and mumbled something which sounded like "Sorriaster"

'Sorriaster?! Who is Sorriaster?' Sandra strained her eyes to the corner he was looking at. It was too dark to see, or there was nothing to see. Her eyes widened in shock and throat went dry as she took in the realization that the luminescence reached all three corners except this one which seemed to scare even the light away. She gulped,' Sorriaster... I heard it wrong..SORRY MASTER!!'

"Its time", he turned around to look at her, eyes no longer weak but firing arrows of spite. And he snarled.

There at his foot something was glistening. She briefly looked away from Michael's face at his foot to see what caught her eyes,

the Axe!