Chapter 5

Sandra was petrified. She stood frozen to the spot. The shadow slid towards her car and crawled inside through the small gap between the front window. She watched the darkness fill inside the car. It slowly turned its head and continued to watch her through the glass.

She started feeling dizzy, she couldn't breathe!

"Mi...Mike.... Michael! MICHAEL!"

"What happened? What is it?" Michael rushed into the room gasping, and moved the curtains to look in the direction Sandra was pointing.

"What's wrong?"

"In my car... there's someone in my car."

"Who? I don't see anything Sandra."

"Don't you see them? The two bright eyes? They are looking at us.. at me!"

"Eyes?.... Wha... That..!" Michael dropped to the floor laughing.

"What are you doing?!" She shouted, visibly irritated.

"Oh Sandra, those are the reflections of my lights out on porch. It's nothing else for goodness sake!"

"Lights? But... But I saw them move.."

"You know what, you need a good lot of rest. You are excessively tired. How about I make you some nice hot soup?"

"Yeah that would be nice. You are right, I need sleep.Goodnight then!... Oh! Don't forget the soup though!"

Sandra felt silly. Well, that was embarassing.
Lights!
She had one last look at her car. They did look like the lights. But there was something different about it.

What is it?
There was something else visible on its face. Lights again?
Smiling, no grinning. It was grinning at her!

Sandra stomped her window shut! "It's just lights, it's just the lights! It's my imagination! Stop it Sandra!" She kept telling herself.

Knock knock

"Soup madam?"

"Yes please."
She snatched it from a surprised Michael's hands, gulped it down in one go and jumped onto the bed shivering.