Chapter 15- The End

Sandra woke up hearing someone speaking... She got annoyed, "Couldn't they at least keep their voices low? Can't they see me sleeping?!" She felt groggy and confused.

"Where am I? What happened?"

Her neck was paining and she felt paralyzed, unable to even lift her arms, they all felt so heavy to move. Pangs of memory struck her.. That night in the basement!!

"Am I dead?!"

The voices that woke her up, continued to go on, seeming to be oblivious of her..

"....yeah sure, we have rooms available. Not that many come to this place nowadays. And I'll try and get you a mechanic first thing tomorrow, its too late today."

"That would be great!"

'That familiar voice.... Whose?....'

"Okay, so your name is...?"

"Alex..... Alex Nicolson.."

'Alex!!!', Sandra pried open her eyes but the sudden gush of light was too much for her to bear! Unable to lift her hands and shield her eyes, Sandra took some time before she could see the two people before her.... They were standing in the reception. Michael! He had his one eye bandaged, except for that he looked like his old cool charming self that  she had met at first. He was holding his register and jotting down the details of the one standing before him... Alex!! Her Alex! Looking handsome in a blue denim shirt and brown pants with a backpack hung over his back, he exuded worry. Dark circles were forming around his eyes.

'Oh my poor dear...'

".... I was told she left home to come here..", Alex was saying.

" Oh yes! Found her! Sandra Johns... Coming to think of it, she said she was looking for her friends.... She left the next morning though. Told me she'll meet them and will be leaving straight for Dallas the same day."

"Really? But they haven't returned..." Alex bit his lower lip.

" I'm here Alex! I'm here!! Stay away from him! He murdered our Amy!" She wanted to scream but there was no sound. She willed herself to move with all her might, and she fell..

Tuck!

"What's that?!", Alex jumped.

" Oh its nothing. Just one of the dolls, fell out of the rack... I make these as a side business," Michael walked over to the cupboard, opened its glass door, lifted up the doll that had fallen and set it right on the rack again, " I think before you inform the police, we should do our own little search of the Hills. I can show you the way. Who knows? They might just be camping there. You don't get mobile signals here, you know..."

Sandra was shocked, petrified! What just happened?! WHAT IN HELL JUST HAPPENED?!

"Sshhhhh..... Its OK Sandra... I'll take good care of you... I like you.. You are prettier... I'll take you on walks, play with you and brush your hair every night... Just like I do Amy's...." She heard the little girl whisper in her ear....

THE END

***************************

A\N
What a nice coincidence! 15 is supposed to be my lucky number! :D

A huge heartfelt thanks and kisses to all the readers!! Love you all!! I feel very lucky! The story may be far from perfect, but it was an honest attempt from my part. Thank you so much for reading, commenting and voting on my story!! Especially tellmeaboutyou, l1982l, sillychica, AnnaDhanyaand syamalatk.. You guys are amazing!

I hope you enjoyed reading.... (a.k.a I hope I scared you enough to lose your sleep!) Please do tell me what you thought of this story, I would love to hear from you..

The last chapter is dedicated to _Sass_Queen_ for she inspired me to finally bring what was in my head, out in writing.

Keep smiling everyone!
With lots of love,
Reshma KJ :)

PS: Please do check out my second book, "Us Forever" if you liked the way I tell a story! :)