II. ONCE UPON A DREAM

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑once upon a dream !┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━
once upon a dream !
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

The wood creaked and groaned under her weight as she set foot upon it, and she hesitantly walk over the feeble bridge. It curved over a small stream, and she could hear its waters gushing under her, along with the distant chirping of the birds perching on the trees above.

She shrugged off her coat, the nipping sensation of the snow melted away under the mid summer's sun. Her brows knitted in confusion.

She knew that this was a dream, it had to be - yet why does it feel so real?

Makoto flinched when she heard shuffling behind her, she turned around - eyes wide as she searched for its source.

Behind her was a group of bushes, and it shook and rattled. Afraid that it might be a wild animal, Makoto grabbed a nearby stick - holding out in front of her.

Her knees trembled, and when it started to rustle furiously - she gulped.

The twigs parted to only reveal a boy, and he stumbled out of the bush, eyes just as frantic as her own.

Makoto held her breath to avoid gasping in shock, and she curled her fingers tighter around the stick.

The boy took a step back, and none of them had the courage to speak up. So they silently observed each other, eyes curious and afraid.

Makoto titled her head to get a better look at the intricate designs across his...tunic? She did a double take, and it was indeed a form of tunic. It was a combination of green and black, and strikes of gold etched across them. There were also runes and symbols across them, and it was not the ones that Makoto is familiar with.

Makoto thought of how strange he looked in them.

Before she knew it, a giggle escaped her lips. Soon a smile followed, even if she did covered her mouth in a terrible attempt to conceal it- she still earned a baffled look from the boy.

" What's so funny?" He asked, nose scrunched up on confusion and irritation.

" Gomen'nasai," she giggled," But your clothes, they look funny."

She dropped her stick, and walked towards the boy.

" I think yours look funny," Loki scoffed, crossing his arms as he pouted. He still kept a safe distance from Makoto, stepping back when she approached.

" Well, I agree," she mused, looking at the thick layers of clothes wrapped around her," It shouldn't be something I wear in summer around here."

" Where are we ?" He asked, worriedly looking around his surroundings.

" Don't worry," she stood next to him. He flinched at the sudden closeness, and he stiffened when she stood in front of him," We're in Nagoya, Japan."

" Ja...pan?"

" Where are you from ?" She chirped, feeling a surge of excitement course through her. He was most likely her age, maybe a little older since he towered over her.

" Asgard."

" Does everyone in Asgard wear a tunic ?"

" Doesn't everyone ?"

They looked at each other, both confused and intrigued with the new revelation. Makoto laughed, and that released the tension between them - and Loki started to ease himself by joining her, lightly chuckling.

" My name is Yamamoto Makoto," she outstretched her hand.

" Loki Odinson, of Asgard," he took it, smiling.

━━━━━━━━━━━

Before they know it, they were laughing together, talking about all sorts of things. For the first time in a while, Loki finds himself happier than ever. He found someone, who actually listens.

Makoto couldn't help but feel overjoyed too, she was amazed by his stories. The tales about a land amongst the stars, with buildings that glittered like gold.

━━━━━━━━━━━

" Loki I -"

She never got to finish her sentence, because in a blink, the image around him shifted.

He looked around, and he was no longer sitting in the forests of Nagoya, he was laying on the cold marble tiles of his room.

He stared at the window, and it filtered the first rays of sunlight inside his dimly lit room. He blinked the weight of sleep away from his eyes.

That morning, he left his breakfast untouched, and he sat between his family quieter than ever. Eyes fixed towards the window.

" Loki, what's the matter ?" His mother leaned in, whispering in worry.

" I," he swallowed, throat dry," I - the dream, it felt so real."

" What dream my son?"

" A dream. There was a girl but I," he stopped, uncertainty clawing over him," I can't remember her name."

━━━━━━━━━━━

Makoto couldn't swallow the transition, it happen so quick. Only seconds ago was she beaming down at him, the next she was staring at the wooden roof of her room.

She was laying on the crinkled sheets of her bed, and not against the bark of an oaken tree.

She zoned out towards the small window that hung across her, and it was slightly parted - greeting the room with the chilly morning breeze.

" I can still," she murmured, trailing off.

" Still what?" Her uncle asked, sitting by the foot of her bed as he laid down a tray of food in front of her," Feel the cold of last night? You were in shock, Makoto-chan."

" Īe," she breathed," I can still remember his face, but I can't... remember his name."

━━━━━━━━━━━
DON'T BE A GHOST READER
COMMENT + REVIEW + FEEDBACKS
ARE WELCOME & APPRECIATED !!