IV. LOST IN YOU

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑lost in you !┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━
lost in you !
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

" Once in a while when I wake up I find myself crying, " Makoto fluttered her eyes shut, exhaling shakily as she forced out the rhythmic tapping of the autumn rain against her ear," The dream I must've have I can't never recall. But the sensation that I've lost something , lingers for a long time. "

She pushed herself further against the cushion of the sleek black chair, desperately wishing for it to just swallow her.

She wanted to be whisked away from the dull room.

She wanted the incessant ticking of the clock to stop.

She wanted the ringing in her ears to silence.

She wanted him to end the session.

But she was unfortunately stuck there, forced to trace the constellations of dust scattered across the stark white roof of the office just to make it look as if she was thinking, just so he could give her more time to calm herself.

As if on cue the man beside her heaved out a sigh, and she could hear his pen tap against the writing board as he slid them ontop of the glass table. She sat upright, not wanting to meet his eyes.

She knew what he was going to say.

" We've talked about this, it's just a dream Makoto-chan. You can relax."

Her fingers curled lightly," It's not just a dream."

" Then what is it?" He asked, not bothering to hide his irritation towards her answer. He rubbed two fingers against the bridge of his nose," If it isn't a dream what is it ?"

She clenched her teeth together, inhaling," It's real."

━━━━━━━━━━━

" Makoto."

The voice startled her, causing her to drop the umbrella she was struggling to open , turning around she sighed shakily when the familiar face greeted her.

" You shocked me Hideo-kun," She bent down to pick up the umbrella, but he beat her to it, apologetically smiling as he handed it to the woman.

" I didn't mean to.You've been very jumpy lately, did everything went well inside ?" He shoved his hands inside the pockets of his worn out jeans, and she averted her eyes away from the soaked patches of his shirt.