XIII.FLAVORS OF YOUTH

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑flavors of youth !┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━
flavors of youth !
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

Loki didn't know what home was.

Even in Asgard, inside the warm and safe walls of the palace he still feels out of place next to his family. He had traveled throughout the nine realms, he had sat under the cherry trees of Alfheim and climbed the mountains of Nilfheim, he had scoured the harsh lands of Helheim and trudge against the vicious snow of Jotunheim. Yet, none of them feels like home.

Yet,here in the last place he had expected,Midgard, he felt more at home than he ever did.

He could feel the tall grass of the hills brush against his legs and the ground breathing under the soles of his boots. He had the impulsive urge to pull them off to feel the earth under his toes and as he watched the small pond sway gently against the evening wind he wanted more than anything but to run towards the clear waters.

He could taste the flavors of youth, the temptations he nearly forgot he had as a child, the unquenchable hunger for freedom and innocence came crashing down on him like a burden set free from his shoulders. The sight itself moved him to feel things he never knew he could, things he thought he had lost long ago.

He instantly knew where they were,it was no other than her hometown, Nagoya. They were by the cliffside, where the ocean waves lapped under them like hounds. The portal must've sent them to the place they were thinking about and Makoto had once said fondly that this place was her favorite,and she had hoped that the next time they dreamed they would meet here.

It never happened.

The sun was setting in the horizon,engulfed by the mountains like the curtains rolling after the end of a play. The sky was clear of any clouds, stretching into miles and miles of lilac hues.

He followed the sunset until his eyes landed on the woman before him.

He couldn't remember the last time he cried, it could've been eons ago. He had spilled a few tears under the mad titan's torture, but they were out of reflex, out of physical pain.But the tears that flowed down his cheeks today were of immense joy, the kind he had not known for what felt like centuries. He had forgotten what it felt like and the feeling had shocked him.

A bird flew above him, it was a white dove. It's pristine wings circling the sky above them,before diving towards her and into the pond. She gave him a quivering smile, unable to hold back her sob.

Before he knew it, his legs were moving out of his own control, sprinting through the field. She followed, her legs drifting through the green plains. In an instant they collided, with more force Loki had expected, causing the two of them to tumble down. They rolled down the small slope leading to the pond, where they splashed against the side of the shallow waters.