Chapter 1: Why me?

Location: Manik and soha's bedroom.

Manik's POV:

Why??....Why did god do this to me... why is he giving so much pain?? why is he taking away the person whom I love the most?? I really can't live without Soha and what will happen Piu if she leaves us.I was thinking all this just then soha entered our room and shook me out of my thoughts and said:

Soha: Baby here is your dinner. I told you na... you must not skip your dinner Manik. You work so much in the office... upar se if you keep skipping your meals then it will affect your health na. Hmm....now be good boy and eat this.

Me (angrily): Arey.. why did you bring this upstairs? Baby you should not stress yourself too much instead you should take rest. But here toh you keep doing all the household chores without paying attention towards your health.

Soha: Then who will do all the work??

Me: We have cooks an d servants for doing all the work, we don't pay them for doing nothing, understood Mrs Malhotra.

Soha: But....

Me: No but's and no if's......You will not do any work and thats final. Listen baby I can't let you go cause I can't live without you, I want you in my life till my last breath. And for that you need to be more cautious about your health. And you must also think about piu na?

Soha: Okay okay.... don't be angry baba I will not do any household chores but....only on one condition you are not allowed to skip your meals. Your health is important for me than mine.

Me: Accha?? what has happened to my health I am fit and fine it's you who needs to take care.....I don't understand how on the earth could you be so calm even when you know that you have cancer and that to last stage and then with all those chemo therepies and all you should not stress yourself too much. So you need to make a promise, that you will not stress yourself with all the work and just take strict rest. Understand??

Soha: Okay baba I promise that I will not stress much. Fine?.........Now u sleep, I need to go and check on Piu.

Me: No you sleep......I will go and check on piu.

(He kisses her forehead, puts the light off and goes to piu's bedroom)

**********

Me: Arey meri Princess soyi nahi abhi tak??

Piu (sadly): Dadda.......arey mamma did'nt come to me to put me to sleep I thought that she is still mad at me...

Me: Mad?? And why will she be mad at you?

Piu (Sadly): Arey dad..... you know what when I came home from school today, she was not waiting at the doorstep for me so I thought she is in her room. So I went there and saw mamma crying and writhing in pain. So I went and hugged her......but she pushed me away.......I felt bad dadda. And I thought that she is angry on me.

Me: It is nothing of that sort, princess......Mom is not at all angry with you, now chuck all those thoughts from your mind and sleep baccha.

Piu: Okay but I want to sleep with you dadda

Me: Okay! come lets sleep.

After sometime Piu slept peacefully in my arms......

(Something like this just imagine that manik is awake)

As soon as Piu slept thoughts took over my mind again, I really can't stand soha's poor condition......but it seems like all my ways of rescuing her have been closed behind by thick doors which I am unable to open. Darkness has surrounded me.

Today I had met the doctor in the evening and his words kept on repeting in my mind. He said that soha's condition is very critical the chances of her survival are only 1 percent. I literally broke down when I heard that because Soha was aldready under the treatment of the best doctors in the world. I really cannot imagine a morning when she is not there to wish me a "good morning" with her smiling face. She is not allowed to leave me and Piu behind ......and thats for sure. But alas........I cannot do anything cause I myself feel so lost and defeated......

The only question that remained in my mind is that ...... Why ME everytime??

End of Manik's POV......

########

Hogaya Guys!!! Do tell me how the chapter was through your comments and don't forget to vote.

A/n: I know some of the readers out there must be dissapointed cause there is no MaNan in this chapter. And secondly there is Soha and Manik moments. But guys it was the need of the story. And I promise MaNan is going to happen soon, you just have to be patient.