Chapter 3: Taking the loved ones away.....

Nandini's POV:

SHIT!!!! our car had met with an accident, yes it had.....atleast that is what I heard from the ambulance driver. " Arey a car met an accident with a bus on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, It is an major accident, The driver and the man sitting on the passenger seat along with a small child on his lap have died on the spot, Now two ladies at the back seat have survived and I need to take them to the hospital....So I might be a little late today". I heard the ambulance driver talking over the phone. Yes though it was a major accident, I was not completely unconsious, I mean I could hear what people were talking around me........But after hearing the ambulance driver's conversation I felt like I was already dead......I felt like crying. Why had god done this to me??...I thought. Why did he take away the most of the important persons in my life....why?? Now how will I live. The small conversation of the ambulance driver had drained me mentally and on top of that this physical pain....yes I could feel glass pieces that were pierced in the left side of my body like throns...... And that was severly paining. As I was thinking all this my vision got blurred and I guess I slipped into an unconsious state all over again.
End of POV.

Meanwhile....

Location: City Hospital, outside the ICU.

"Soha......baby. What has happened to you??? Baby you can't leave us...Please open your eyes, Baby please". Manik cried. 

"Manik beta, please get the grip of yourself.....Please Trust me nothing will happen to soha". Nyonika said consoling him.

INTRODUCING.......

Mrs Nyonika Malhotra: Manik's mother. She is an happy housewife. She loves Manik and is very possesive about him,  She does not intend to hurt anyone but her nature is very dominating and at times she is orthodox.

Mr Raj Malhotra: The CEO of Malhotra industries, He is Maniks dad. A very practical person.

**********

"Haa agar soha ko kuch hua naa toh I will not be able to live" said Manik.

"Don't worry son, stay strong, kuch nahi hoga Soha ko" replied Raj.

Just then the doctor came outside the ICU and Manik went running towards him to enquire about Soha.

"How is Soha's condition now, is she alright??" Manik enquired.

"I am sorry Mr Malhotra but your wife is no more" the doctor replied. "We tried our best but she was not responding to the medicines and her condition worsened" He said and went away.

The doctor's words hit Manik like a storm. He was shocked would be an understatement. He was too shocked to react, he froze in his place. He felt as if his soul was taken away from his body.
Just then the nurse came towards him and said "Mr Malhotra please sign on your wife's death certificate and then you may take the body".

Even after that Manik was all numb, he had stopped reacting to his surroundings. As the nurse stood there confused Raj came forward signed the death certificate.

After that Raj and Nyonika completed all the hospital formalities and took Manik home. After they reached home Manik straight away went to his bedroom, took a shower, popped two sleeping pills and soon drifted to sleep.

(A/n: Just try to remember nandini's conditions after pandit's assault, Manik's condition was somewhat similar.) 

*******

Meanwhile in living room........
Nyonika: Listen Raj.....actually voh I am a little worried about Manik.

Raj: Why??

Nyonika: Arey voh jabse doctor has told about Soha, Manik kuch bol nahi raha hain....bolna toh door ki baat he has not even expressed himself. And it's troubling him a lot, you know what he should vent it all out, varna use bohot taklif hogi Raj.

Raj: You don't need to worry Nyonika. I think it's about time.  Kuch dino baad he will come out of this. I think we should give him his time.

Nyonika: Hmm I guess you have a  point here. By the way Piu kya kare? I mean abhi toh she is in the day care centre but I sincerely think that we should keep her away from all this, at least till all the rituals of Soha are done.

Raj: I think you are right.....probably we could send her for a 2 to 3 days camp. You talk to Manik about it.

Nyonika: I checked on him a  few minutes ago....he is sleeping. I will talk to him later.

Raj: Okay....... I guess now we should also move towards our room.

########