Chapter 5

Nandini and Spruha were being wielded to the emergency ward in the Pune hospital. Both were in a critical condition. 

"Listen Ma'am it is a police case, we can't start the treatment until the investigation process is complete. Police station ko inform kar diya hain ACP sir aate hi honge. Aaap please yaha pe baithe rahiye", said the doctor to Mrs Murthy.

*******

Introducing.......
Mr Ram and Priya Murthy: Nandini's parents, both are loving and caring. They were against Nandini's marriage with Aryamann, but just because they were worried for Nandini's future as he was a upcoming businessman at the time Nandini and Aryamann got married, and he did not earn enough, i.e. he was not completely settled. 

******

******

Priya (cryingly): God has already taken my grandson and son in law away now if due to these doctors and inspectors if anything happens to my daughter I will not leave them.

Ram: Calm down Priya, Nothing will happen to our Nandu, I will not let her happen anything.

Saying so Ram, takes out his cell phone from his pocket and calls someone talks for a while and hung up the call with a satisfaction on his face.

The next moment there entered ACP Sharma with a few other policemen along with him, he went inside talked to the doctor, did some investigation and Nandini and Spruha's treatment was started.

After 1 hour......
The doctor came out of the OT.

"Mr Murthy, Nandini is now out of danger, its just that she has got some stitches on her forehead and a plate has been inserted on the left side of her face as her cheek bones were completely destroyed".said the doctor.

"Thankyou so much doctor for saving my princess". Said Ram.

"What about Mrs Khanna? Is she alright? ". Asked Priya.

"I am sorry Mrs Murthy but her condition was very critical, she is no more". Replied the doctor.

That was like a bomb fell on Ram and Priya. They didn't knew whether they should be happy for Nandini or feel sad for whatever happened with Spruha.

"Mr and Mrs Murthy will you please come to my cabin, I need to brief you about certain measures you need to take for Nandini's health" Continued the doc. 

"Yes sure" said Priya and Ram still not recovering from the shock they just got.

With this the doctor briefed the Murthy's about the precautions they had to take for Nandini's health till she fully recovers.

********

In the hospital room......

"How are you feeling beta". asked Priya as she entered the hospital room.

"I am alright, mujhe kya hoga?? I am absolutely fine" Replied Nandini as pleasantly as she could. Because she wanted hide the fact that she already knew about Aadit and Aaryamann, as she did not wanted to give any more worries to her parents.

"Mom I need some water" Nandini said next.

"Haan beta, here, take it, and now Sham has brought along your tiffin, you have that as well"

With that silence filled the room. Nandini was lost in her thoughts.

Whereas Priya was observing her face and seeing her pondering over something, she hoped that Nandini wouldn't ask anything regarding her in laws.

But instead she asked, "Where is  Dad, won't he come and meet me?"

"He will beta" priya fumbled.
"Now be a good girl and finish off your meal, you also need to take the medicines after that" Priya continued before Nandini could counter-question her.

Sensing Priya tensed at her question Nandini sat silently as Priya was feeding her, post lunch Nandini took the medicines and due to it's effect Nandini was fast asleep.

Meanwhile Priya got busy with her own thoughts.

Priya's POV:
It's good that Nandini didn't ask me anything about Aaryamann and Adu or even Spruha and Mr Khanna.
Yet she asked a very very critical question........yes critical, frightening. A question that I couldnt answer. She asked me where her dad was. Now her dear dad who has not been able to come and meet her had gone off to Mumbai for the funeral of her in laws and to complete the following rituals. Now I obviously can't tell her that reason so I quickly tried to change the topic, but I don't know for how long am I  be going to be able to avoid her question.
Now I just hope that she doesn't ask it again anytime sooner.

End of POV.

With these thoughts in her mind Priya drifted to sleep.
Then rest of the night passed uneventfully.

*********