Chapter 7: Defeat Accepted?

Next Day, Early in the morning.

Place: Malhotra Mansion

A girl came running to her Dad's room and panicked seeing her dad still asleep.

She jumped in the bed sat on his stomach and started slapping on his face to wake him up.

"Dadda utho!! Please wake up!!!! Else I will end up getting late" She screamed.
Despite of all her efforts he did not wake up. Then she emptied a glass of cold water on his face as he had not left her with any other option.

Then finally...like finally he woke up, saying " What's the matter Piu? If you want something come to me sometime later....not now...please."

"Uff....I don't want anything dadda....it's just that I want to go for school and I am getting late".

"Arey toh go and search for dadi, she'll help you to get ready for school"

"Dadi herself has sent me to you,she said that from today you will help me get ready"

Right after Piu said this, Manik woke up with a jerk. Then he remembered the conversation that took place between him and Nyonica. He was shocked, he had never thought that his mom would take all this so seriously.

"Come onnn.....what are you thinking" Piu shouted bringing Manik back to reality.

"Haa...haa.....yess" He fumbled with his words.

"Aha....better....come on now lets bathe and get dressed and after that drop me to school." She said.
.
.
.
.
.
AFTER SOME TIME.

"Ha....so finally we are done!!" Manik said wiping the sweat beads formed on his forehead.

"Arey dadda....see what you have done....one of my plates is long...while one is short....pch".

" WHATTT!!! Itne mehnat se toh bandha tha....and still its not tied properly." He huffs in dismay.

Finally after about hundred attempts he got it right.
Then he made her eat some sandwiches for breakfast and then left for school in a hurry.

By the time they reached the school, the gates were closed and the guard did not let them in saying that he was not allowed to let the late comers in.

Then Manik started pleading to guard to let them in, but the guard was adamant and not letting them in.
But Manik was as stubborn as the guard, he was not going to leave the place without leaving Piu in her class.

After a while a peon came and told them to accompany him to the principal's office.

In the principal's office:
"What is the matter Mr Malhotra? Why are you creating a chaos near the school gate?"

"Actually sir, we were a little late for the school and the guard wasn't letting us in"

"And may I know why are you so late Mr Malhotra?"

After this question from the principal, Manik didn't know what to answer. It was his carelessness due to which Piu was late today. There was pindrop silence in the room for a while. And at that time he felt that was he really fit for taking all the responsibilities of Piu all alone, along with managing his job. Because it was the work overload due to which he was late in waking up.

"Mr. Malhotra??" The principal snapped in front of him.

"Umm...Actually sir voh.....voh, we had left the house right on time but while coming here we came across a person who had met with an accident" He said sounding all serious on the upfront, but was mentally giggling.