Chapter 6: Mom's rants

A few years later........
One fine day at Malhotra Mansion.
Nyonika's POV:

I gulped her saliva in fear as I was climbing the stairs, heading towards Manik's room. I knew talking to his about this matter was not easy enough, but no matter what today I had made a resolve to talk to my son. Though I was his mom it was not easy for me to talk to him about it. But I had made up my mind and there are was no turning back now. I knew that if I did not talk, there was no one left out there worthy enough to make him understand.

By this time I reached the door of Manik's bedroom, I felt weak in my legs but put on a brave front and knocked the door.

"Come in" came manik's hoarse voice from inside.

Come on stupid you cannot back off now, I know- I know you are hell scared inside but make sure that not even an ounce of fear is reflected on your face. Barge in, command him and end it, you are his mom you can't be this timid. You have always handled  his gene donor, his dad whenever he was angry....... COME ON!!  Said my inner voice.

Next I chucked my thoughts and went inside taking a deep breath.
There sat Manik totally engrossed in work on the laptop.

"I want to talk about something important" I said softly.

Sensing my voice Manik kept his laptop aside and stood up.
"Mom arey.....come naa, bolo what did you want to talk?"

"Did I disturb you? You do hàve time to talk, don't you" I asked him out of formality. (As if I was going to leave the room without talking 😏😏)

"Ya of course Mom, come naa, sit" Manik said pointing at the bed.
"Oh shit....I forgot....Shit" He continued as I sat on the bed.

He went near the side table and picked up a red rose which was kept in the flower vase. Next he came towards me and said:
"Someone's looking hot and pretty today".
He forwarded the flower to me.

" Have you forgotten Mr. Malhotra that I am your Mom and not your girlfriend"  I said to him.

This is how it was....from the day Soha left us. Manik pretended that he was happy and we played along and pretended as if we could not see his loneliness. But we knew that he was faking it. And that was hurting me the most, he was lonely and today I was determined to get him out of it. And my plan was working just fine, he was falling for it.

"Hmm...for your information Mrs Malhotra, I love you and only you, apke hote huye I cannot fall for anyone else."  He said Mischeviously.

"Accha....toh tomorrow when your wife will come in this house don't change your mind haa" I said playing along.

The moment I said this the smile from his face dissapeared, he became all serious.

He asked in a small whisper, totally shocked:
"What?? What did you just say Mom. Will you explain"

" It's time Manik for....for you to move on.  It's time to leave your past behind and start afresh".

" Huh... I am not getting it Mom say it clearly and come to the point. Don't beat around the bush".

" I just wanted to say that....that you should marry.....again"  I said in a whisper.

"WHATT?? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND MOM??" He screamed on the top of his voice.

His shout literally made me shiver from head to toe.

" Mom I had also told you before that I can never ever think of anyone in Sohà's place...no one can take her place...no one. She was one of her kind......her place in my heart cannot be replaced by anyone"

"Of course she was special......very special, I agree with you on that. But Manik I never told you to replace her.....I am just telling you to make new place for 'someone Else' in your life"

"Mom no means no.....and yes no more discussions on this topic, how much ever you try I am not going to give in"  He said in an annoying tone.

That was it for me now. As expected it was not easy to 'pataofy' Manik for this marriage thing. So....I decided to put plan number 2 in action.

"Soha was actually right....you are really selfish"  I said giving him a 'it's a fact' look.

"Selfish??"  He said with a 'care to explain' look.

"Yes selfish....because you only thought of yourself haan, what about Piu....have you even for once thought about her future"

"Piu?? What about her...isn't her future secured enough.....I mean I am well settled and am quite stable to cope up with her fees and all"

" Uff Manik I am not talking about fees....what I am talking about is love.....mother's love. The thing that she is missing out on."

"Mom...this is wrong you....you just cannot emotionally blackmail me by taking Piu's name. And Piu is not missing out on anything, she is happy with what she has".

" You seriously think that she is not missing out on anything?"

"Yes"  He said looking away.

Hmm Manik that 'yes' of yours was said in a quite unsure tone and plus you are not making an eye contact...which means that you are agreeing to my statment, but you will not accept that.....Uff why is it so hard to make you understand Manik.....God why??

"Okay chalo let's leave that 'mother's care' thing aside. Tomorrow a time will come when me and your dad will not remain capable enough to look after her...because we will become Physically weaker as time passes. And you have to agree on that Manik".

"Mom I now that that time will not come any sooner and whenever such a situation will come I will be there for my princess".

" Ha ha....you seriously think that you will be there Manik. Matlab socho.....even today you have such heavy workload that now a days you are more in the office and less at home".

"Mom...all I can say is that I can manage"

"Okay fine if you seriously think that you can manage then why don't you start managing  everything on your own  from today itself"  I said angrily as I was pissed off by now.

"What exactly are you trying to say?".  He asked all confused.

" I am saying that from today onwards Piu's whole and sole responsibility will be on your shoulders. You can manage, right?".

"But mom...".

"Aha....Piu's responsibility yaa shaadi??"

"Okay fine......I will look after Piu all by myself from today onwards".

" Fine...all the best".
I said with a smirk and left the room.

######

Done!!!
Sorry for the delay. Ho sake toh maaf kar dena. 🙏🙏

How was Manik and Nyonica's conversation?

Do tell me through your precious comments and don't forget to vote.

Bye 👋👋.
See you soon.