Worming through Awkward situations

We both froze and I literally felt chill cut through me..

I turned to see look at him, he was all red... I guess it was a shock to him too.
I'm guessing it was the slip of the tongue or possibly just the heat of the moment..
I wanted answers so I followed my instincts which were "when in doubt if the love of your life calls you baby ask if that's what they actually said".

And with my own advice, I confronted the little Yellow Sea sponge in the most effective way possible..

"...w-what did y-you just say??"

SpongeBob blushed a brighter red. He started to look away and twiddle his thumbs..he was nervous and it's all because I'm being a jerk and making him repeat something that I clearly heard.
What kind of friend was I?

"Er..I-I said its a-all for y-you b-ba---" SpongeBob stuttered as I suddenly cupped my hand over his mouth.

"It's alright SpongeBob...if you don't wanna say it then that's totally ok with me...I understand that your nervous.. " I smiled trying to comfort him. It didn't last too long as I began to remember my past..
"I know how it's like to say something that your nervous to say aloud...it's exactly the way I felt back two years ago at the airport.." I cried softly as I remembered those past events.

Slowly.. I felt the soft touch of SpongeBob's arm caress the back of my neck until it made a hug. It felt really good knowing that I was in safe, loving yellow hands (<-- doesn't get cringer than this 😂)

"Thank you!" I whispered as I slowly broke away from his loving embrace. My steamy tears seemed to leak out of my eyes without me even being able to control myself..

"We better eat up because we got a long day ahead of us.." SpongeBob advised as he served some kelp-o into my bowl.

"Wait?"
"We do?" I stuttered confused

"Don't tell me you weren't thinking of saying hi to all your friends in Bikini Bottom?" SpongeBob gasped

"Oh my gosh! I completely forgot. We better eat up SB!"

*10 minutes of Kelp-o eating later*
___________________________

I ran up SpongeBob's flight of stairs.. Rearing to go get ready to meet all my favourite underwater pals. I dug into my suitcase from SpongeBob's bedroom and pulled out some clothes for the day ahead. I threw on the ensemble that I prepared and headed on downstairs. I grabbed SpongeBob by his hand and together we flew out of the pineapple. When I turned to make eye contact with SpongeBob I noticed that his clothes were in the ridiculous state that I found him in that morning. So after another few minutes, SpongeBob was also ready to meet everyone with me.

"So who's first on our list of friends?" I cheerfully asked SpongeBob.

"Oooh it's Squidward!" SpongeBob shrieked.

"let's-a-go" I said in my best Mario impression as we approached the large stone tikki head house next door.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Both, SpongeBob and myself waiting excitedly when SpongeBob suggested that I surprise Squidward. I agreed to the fantastic idea and hid behind SpongeBob back.

"Hel-...oh it's you SpongeBob...can't you see that I'm busy here practising my clarinet.." Squidward snarled

"Well Squiddy, I'm sure you won't be disappointed that I disturbed you because guess what!" SpongeBob beamed excitedly.

"WHAT?!" Squidward scowled

SpongeBob then moved aside to reveal me to Squidward.

"SpongeBob! Why didn't you tell me that she was here?"
"Come on in!" Squidward greeted me inside with a billion dollar smile.

"Good to see ya, ol' Squiddy chum!" I said.
"Oh but we can't stay long we got a lot more greeting to do!"

Squidward sighed...but then smirked.
"Don't tell me your leaving without having some of my delicious chum fricassi"

I smirked back I walked into his house..

Like I said before......

Squidward was one of my best friends 💛