William Smyth

William is twenty-year man and the son of a Seamstress. However, his mother Katalin keeps her best designs for her future daughter in law. But William has yet to find a girl that will steal his heart. William works part time as an apprentice to the black smith when he isn't reading. He loves to read and wants to be writer like his father was. His father Jack died from the plague, before William and his mother moved to this town.

The only thing they have left from his father is his sword. His mother also has all the jewellery that Jack had given her. But she does not wear it and plans to give it to her future daughter in law. Which is way someone like Victoria wishes to marry William, not just because he is cute. Now William is on his way to the library to return a book he'd borrowed.

[William]
Little town it's a quiet village.
Every day like the one before.
Little town full of little people, waking up to say.
[Man #1]
Bonjour!
[Man #2]
Bonjour!
[Woman #1]
Bonjour!
[Man #3]
Bonjour!
[Baker]
Bonjour!
[William]
There goes the baker with his tray like always.
The same old bread and rolls to sell.
Every morning just the same,
since the morning that we came,
To this poor provincial town.
[Baker]
Good Morning William!
[William]
G'morning Monsieur Jean!
[Baker]
Where you off to?
[Belle]
The book shop...
I just finished the most wonderful story,
About a beanstalk and a giant and an...
[Baker]
That's nice. Marie! The baguettes! Hurry up!
[Group of Women]
Look there he goes, that boy is strange, no question.
Dazed and distracted can't you tell?
[Woman #1]
Never part of any crowd.
[Man #3]
'Cause his head's up on some cloud.
[Villagers]
No denying he's a funny boy, that William.
[Man #1]
Bonjour!
[William]
Good day!
[Man #1]
How is your family?
[Woman #1]
Bonjour!
[Man #4]
Good day!
[Woman #1]
How is your wife?
[Woman #2]
I need six eggs!
[Man #2]
That's too expensive.
[William]
There must be more than this provincial life.
[Book Shop Clerk]
Ah! William!
[William]
Good Morning! I've come to return the book I've borrowed!
[Book Shop Clerk]
Finished already?
[William]
Oh I couldn't put it down. Got anything new?
[Book Shop Clerk]
(Ha ha) Not since yesterday!
[William]
That's alright. I'll borrow...this one!
[Book Shop Clerk]
That one?! But you've read it twice!
[William]
Well it's my favorite! Far off places, daring sword-fights, magic spells, a prince in disguise!
[Book Shop Clerk]
If you like it all that much, it's yours.
[William]
But sir!
[Book Shop Clerk]
I insist.
[William]
Well thank you! Thank you very much!
[Group Of Women]
Look there he goes, that boy is so peculiar. I wonder if he's feeling well.
With a dreamy far off look.
[Group Of Men]
And his nose stuck in a book.
[Villagers]
What a puzzle to the rest of us, is William.
[William]
Oh! Isn't this amazing? It's my favorite part because you'll see. Here's where he meets his Princess. But he won't discover that it's him till chapter three.
[Man #3]
Now it's no wonder that his name is princely, he looks have got no parallel.
[woman #1]
But behind that fair facade, I'm afraid he's rather odd. Very different from the rest of us...
[Villagers]
He's nothing like the rest of us. Yes, different from the rest of us is William.
[Lafue]
Wow! You didn't miss a shot Victoria! You're the greatest huntress in the whole world.
[Victoria]
I know.
[Lafue]
No beast alive stands a chance against you. And no boy for that matter
[Victoria]
It's true Lafue. And I've got my sights set on that one.
[Lafue]
The Seamstress' son?!
[Victoria]
He's the one! The lucky boy I'm going to marry!
[Lafue]
But his...
[Victoria]
The most handsome boy in town. That makes him the best! And don't I deserve the best!?
[Lafue]
Well of course, I mean you do, I mean...
[Victoria]
Right from the moment when I met him, saw him, I said he's gorgeous and I fell...here in town there's only he, who is beautiful as me. So I'm making plans to woo and marry William.
[Silly boys]
Look there she goes, isn't she dreamy? Manquer Victoria, oh she's so cute!
Be still my heart, I'm hardly breathing. She's such a tall, dark, strong and beautiful girl.
[William]
There must be more than this provincial life!
[Victoria]
Just watch I'm going to make William my husband!
[Villagers]
Look there he goes, the boy that's strange but special. A most peculiar gentilhomme. It's a pity and a sin, he doesn't quite fit in.
But he really is a funny boy...
A handsome but a funny boy...
He really is a funny boy...
That William!!!
[Man #1]
Bonjour!
[Man #2]
Bonjour!
[Woman #1]
Bonjour!
[Man #3]
Bonjour!
[Man #4]
Bonjour!
[Man #5]
Bonjour!

"Hello William" Victoria says giving him a sweet smile.

"Oh good morning Victoria" William states giving her a small smile.

"How can you read this? It has no pictures" she asks taking his new book.

"I use my imagination" he states snatching it back and placing it in his bag.

"It's about time you took your head out of those books William" Victoria states. "And focus on more important things like me" she tells him. While the three silly boys sigh dreamily. "The whole town says it isn't right for a man to read so much" she states.

"Victoria you are basically primeval" William tells her.

"Why thank you William why don't we take a walk to the tavern and you can see my father's trophies" Victoria suggests grabbing his arm.

"Maybe some other time" William tells her removing her arm. The silly boys were calling William crazy and saying how gorgeous Victoria is. "I have to get home to my mother and tend to the horse" he tells her. Before walking away quickly to his and his mother's house.

When he arrives him his mother Katalin was placing the finishing touches on a new dress. "It looks beautiful as always mother" William states kissing her cheek.

"Yes it is, but I'm afraid it'll go in the wardrobe with the other dresses" she sighs.

"Mother do you think I'm odd?" William asks.

"My son odd, where did you hear a thing like that?" Katalin asks.

"The village say I'm a funny boy for reading so much" William says shrugging his shoulders.

"So what your father loved reading even if he was in the army" Katalin reminds her son. "Now when is my son finding a wife?" she asks. "What about Victoria she's a beautiful girl" she suggests jokingly.

"She's beautiful alright, not to mention arrogant and self-centered. She's not for me mother" William states sitting down.

"I know and I am glad you haven't chosen her. She is just after my best dresses and old jewellery" Katalin states. She places the dress in the wardrobe and walks over to her son. "You know I've been thinking we should move again" she tells him.

"Why?" William asks.

"I want grandchildren and you've met every girl here, none have tickled your fancy" she answers. "But we'll discus this when I return from the city" she tells him. "Do you want anything?" she asks as they head outside.

"No, just for you to return home safely" William tells her as he hold Gypsy still for her.

"I'll bring you a new book, see you tomorrow my son and take care of the chickens" Katalin states before reading off. William sighs and goes to feed the chickens. The next morning when William leaves to get bread Victoria was waiting for him outside his home.

A/N

Picture above of William and picture on external link of their house.