Wasn't There Before

"So where are you taking me?" William asks.

"It's a surprise" Feline tells him smiling gently. The reach a giant pair of doors and she told him to close his eyes. She guides him into the room and opens the curtains before telling him to open his eyes. "Do you like it?" she asks him, they are in her library.

"Have you read all of these?" he asks.

"Not all of them, some are in Greek" she states and William chuckles.

"Did you just make a joke?" he asks.

"Maybe" she says smirking and heads further into the library. After they had picked some books to read. William decided to introduce her to Gypsy. Feline was a little unsure at first but soon bonded with the horse while William watched smiling.

"There's something sweet and almost kind
But she was mean and she was coarse and unrefined
And now she's dear and so unsure
I wonder why I didn't see it there before" William sings.

"He glanced this way, I thought I saw
And when we touched he didn't shudder at my paw
No it can't be, I'll just ignore
But then he's never looked at me that way before" Feline sings as they have lunch.

"New and a bit alarming
Who'd have ever thought that this could be?
True that she's no Princess
But there's something in her that I simply didn't see" William sings looking at Feline.

"Well, who'd have thought?" Lumiere asks singing.

"Well, bless my soul" Mrs Potts says singing also.

"Well, who'd have known?" Cogsworth asks.

"Well, who indeed?" Mrs Potts agrees.

"And who'd have guessed they'd come together on their own?" Lumiere sings.

"It's so peculiar, wait and see" Mrs Potts states in sing song voice.

"We'll wait and see
A few days more
There may be something there that wasn't there before" all three of them sing.

"Well here's a thought, perhaps there's something there that wasn't there before" Cogsworth states.

"What mama?" Chip asks.

"There may be something there that wasn't there before" she tells him gently.

"We should do something special for them" Lumiere states.

"How about we clean the ballroom and they can dance the night away" Plumette suggests.

"That is a marvelous idea" Mrs Potts agrees. "Go gather the others my dear" she tells Plumette. She flies away and Mrs Potts turns to the other two. "Lumiere we'll need you in charge of the lighting, Cogsworth get Cadenza and the band ready" she instructs. Everyone goes and gets to work immediately. While Mrs Potts and Chip went to the kitchen to get some food ready for tonight.

Meanwhile Feline and William sat in the library with William reading Romeo & Juliet to her. Feline was wearing a new dress instead of her usual clothes and heavy cloak. Being with William made her feel human again and not a monster. He some how weaseled his way into her heart and she doesn't mind. She just hopes he feels the same way with only a few days before her birthday.

William smiles as he reads about how Romeo and Juliet meet in secret. He sees Feline also looking happy. He has never felt this way before about anyone. She makes him feel happy and he hopes he makes her happy also.

A/N

Video above of the original song and picture above of Feline's dress. Picture on the external link of her red cloak.