Necklace and Talk

Link to information on the poison, symptoms and antidote: http://cdn.biologydiscussion.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/clip_image002_thumb-7.jpg

Katalin had just finished her new designs and filled out an order form for the fabric needed to make them. Now she was looking at her old necklace, the one her husband had given her on their first wedding anniversary. That was also the day she had told him she was pregnant with William. It was one of the best days of her life.

"That's beautiful" a voice says behind her and she closes the box turning to see Victoria.

"Why are you here Victoria? Can I help you with something this morning?" Katalin asks with a smile. She leads Victoria to the kitchen when she hears her kettle whistle. "Would you like a cup of tea?" she asks.

"I came to speak with you about an urgent matter and tea would be lovely" Victoria smiles. "Two sugars and milk please" she adds politely. Katalin prepares their tea, but has hers with now milk and one sugar.

"So what's this urgent matter?" Katalin asks.

"My marriage to your son of course" Victoria states as if it were obvious. If Katalin had been holding her cup it would have dropped.

"As far as I know my son has proposed to no one and that includes you" Katalin smiles sweetly.

"Not yet, but he will soon" Victoria assures her. "By the way, where is he?" she asks. "I haven't seen him all morning in the village" she explains.

"He took Gypsy for a ride" Katalin lies. "Now why are we discussing a marriage that is not happening yet?" she asks.

"I was wondering if you could speak to William for me. He listens to you and if you told him I was perfect wife material. He would..." Victoria starts to say.

"But I don't say, Victoria you are a beautiful lady no question their. However, your personality is terrible and if William wishes to marry you. I'll say nothing against it, but I will not push him into a loveless marriage" Katalin scolds her gently. Then turns her back to check on her cookies in the oven.

Meanwhile Victoria tipped something into Katalin's tea and stirred it. Before hiding the vial and sitting back down sipping her tea. Katalin placed her cookies near the window to cool as she takes her sit picking up her tea. "I am sorry we couldn't reach an understanding Katalin" Victoria smirks as Katalin takes a sip of her tea.

Katalin starts to cough and looks at Victoria who has a mischievous glint in her eyes. "What have you done?" she asks as stands stumbling.

"You should have done as I had asked, now let me explain how this will work. I have the only antidote and unless William agrees to marry me. You'll be dead in a week" Victoria smiles when Katalin tries to speak. "Oh yes it stops you from talking as well" she adds leaving the house. "Help someone please help! Katalin just collapsed!" she fake tears as some villagers run over. Including Lafue and the librarian.

"What's happened?" the librarian asks.

"Katalin just collapsed, call a doctor" Victoria cries and someone runs off to get the doctor. She leaves with Lafue who gives her a tissue. "Protect this with your life Lafue" she tells him as she gives him the antidote. "She doesn't get it until I marry William" she instructs.

"But she'll die in a week without this" Lafue reminds her in a whisper.

"I know, but William won't let her die" Victoria assures him. "Besides everything is prepared for the wedding all he has to do is agree. We get married the following day and you cure Katalin everyones happy" she states.

"As you wish my lady" Lafue tells her bowing his head. They head to her father's tavern for a drink. Victoria satisfied with herself knowing William would soon be her husband in the next day or so. While Lafue feels guilty for giving her the poison in the first place. The doctor put Katalin on bed rest and the librarian agrees to watch over her until William returns home.

A/N

Picture above of old necklace and picture on the external link of the Smyth's kitchen.