The Future in our Hands

I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS: J.K ROWLING OWNS THEM. This is just a fanfic written by a huge HP fan.

Greetings everyone! Long time no see! Here we have the long awaited final chapter of 'A Man Can Change'. I can sure say its been an absolute joy writing this for all of you to enjoy, and it feels like forever since this all started, it has been over a year since i started this after all! Anyway, i do hope you enjoy this final chapter. There won't be a sequel to this particular story, but hopefully i will be able to come up with something new for you all to read. For a final time...ENJOY!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 YEARS ON FROM THE POTTER'S WEDDING:

"Won’t you two stop it? I don’t understand why the two of you can’t be serious for once in your lives. Everything’s a bunch a laughs with you both, isn’t it?” Hermione’s youngest daughter Jean yelled at her two other children. Hermione had been sitting quietly outside, reading a book while she had the chance, but it seemed her kids didn’t want her to have a break. She loved them, absolutely adored her kids, but sometimes she required a little alone time. Parenthood was a crazy thing.

      “Loosen up Jean. Cissa and I were only kidding.” She heard her son Scorpius say back.

      “You just need to learn to have a little fun every now and then.” Narcissa said back quite calmly. Hermione wondered what they had done this time to infuriate Jean.

      “A little fun?  That’s not fun, that’s called annoying your little sister because you get a kick out of her misery.” Jean yelled again. “You two are a pair of bloody –“

      “Jean! Don’t even think about it. I can hear you three from out here.” Hermione cut her daughter off before she swore. One of Hermione’s pet peeves was young people swearing and she didn’t want to hear it come from the mouths of her own kids.

      “What did I do? This is so unfair! You should be growling B1 and B2!” Jean screamed at her mother. Hermione, having much experience with her daughters’ recent mood swings, kept calm and collected, so not to lose her temper with her. Draco had already needed to stop a heated argument or two between them last week.

      “I’m not growling you at all sweetie, I was just stopping you before any foul language escaped your lips. And I’ll be having a word to Narcissa and Scorpius later.” Hermione said to Jean as her three children came out to the conservatory of their house and stood in front of her. Jean, who was 14 and a near mirror image of what Hermione had looked like at her age, stood with her fists closed tightly at her sides, her bushy mousy brown hair falling into her face. Hermione’s hair hadn’t been that light, but she knew it was Draco’s genes that had done it.

      “Dad swears all the time.” She retorted. Hermione noted that Narcissa and Scorpius, standing slightly behind their younger sister, smirked at each other. She still couldn’t believe how much the pair of them looked like Draco to this day, even down to his facial expressions and mannerisms. Though, thankfully, they had grown up without any prejudice and hate. Not a bit of it ran through their bodies and Hermione thought it would have been crazy for it to have anyhow, considering they were half-bloods themselves. She knew Draco and herself had raised them well, but siblings being siblings – she had heard from Ginny, as both her and Draco were only children – they were bound to fight every now and then.

      “Yes, but he is a grown man of 42 and he can do as he pleases. You however, are only 14 and while you’re living in this house I will hear no such language come from any of your mouths. Do you all understand me?” Hermione lectured. Narcissa and Scorpius nodded and smirked.